Grief

I dont know how to cope
I lost my grandad and it was 1 year since he passed. I cant sleep properly and sometimes over sleeping
Im over eating. I dont want to get out of bed or get showered and dressed
I cry daily and finding it extremely difficult. And now my friend has been told she has terminal cancer.

1 Like

Hello @Chell40,

I’m sorry to hear about your grandad and that your friend is terminally ill. I’m hearing how painful this is all feeling and I want you to know that you’re not alone. There’s always someone out there to help you through this.

It sounds like you are really struggling at the moment and that you could do with some extra support. It may be worth making an appointment with your GP to see what kind of help they can offer. You deserve help and support.

You can also reach out to one of the following organisations who are always just a call or text away anytime you would like someone to talk to:

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline here.

If you’re interested in counselling, we offer free sessions at Sue Ryder. We have also recently launched a Grief Guide Service, which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it, please visit griefguide.sueryder.org

You deserve this support, keep reaching out.

Take care,

Seaneen