Grief

How do you go forward it’s been 3 years and i still have bad days more than good

3 Likes

Hi @Nidge1964 The first thing I’d be tempted to do is remove your postcode from your profile (unless you’re comfy with that information being visible when people click on your name).
Grief is really individual - my journey is going to be different to yours and everyone else’s. I’m about 4 months down that road and some days it feels ‘ok’ and on others I can get upset by the smallest thing. I went out to get a really simple thing today, a curtain rail, and got really annoyed by the variety of choice and just wished she had been there to say ‘Right that’s the one you need, off you go’. Most of the people around me are assuming I’m ok I guess and so it’s up to me to try and fill my days and to have that motivation to get up every day and make the most of it. I haven’t felt the need for counselling but that might change. Is that something you’ve had or have considered? D’you have a good support network of friends and family close by?
You’ll find some good advice on these forums - we’re all on the same paths of grief it’s just that some are more rocky and windy than others. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Hello Nidge1964

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’m so sorry to hear you are struggling. There’s no time limit on grief, and it’s ok to not be ok. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi