Grief

My best mate/neighbour was found dead last weekend in his flat & tbh I’m not coping with the fact he’s no longer here. We shared so many memories together over the 8 yrs of friendship. Memories I will treasure forever. I’ve not been told the cause of death but he had very bad COPD & other health issues. He was only 51. It breaks my heart to think of him dying alone & how long he had actually been dead. The last time I seen him was last Thursday night then 48 hrs later he’s gone. My whole world crashed & I’ve not been the same since, his family have been & cleared his flat & just damped his possessions on the front garden, no respect at all. This has really destroyed me, since 2016 I have lost many love ones including my dad & stepdad, who I miss dearly, it just seems I’m a rollecoaster of bad luck & the grieving never seems to end. It’s all to much for me

Hello @molliemoo23,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex