GRIEF

lost my husband in july cared for him at home until he died,i have been so busy sorting thing out ,my family said i have not had time to grieve ,had a break down last monday went docs put me on fluoxetine been having side effects with then so i am suffering at the moment

Hello Sandra,
I lost my husband in February this year, and have found life very hard. I cared for him at home until a week before he died. I still haven’t sorted out all his things. But you know what? It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. Grief is a very personal and individual journey. I have been taking fluoxetine. And trazadone, and flupentixol, and zopiclone. And I have had enough if them, and am coming off them with the support of my GP. I have been taking them a very long time, and I want to be rid of them. Do what you know in your heart is right. I did not begin to grieve for my husband for several weeks - there was so much to be done. Take care Tulabelle x

you really think you are on your own with this don’t you … my husband of 52 years died 4 months ago we were married at 16 and 17 had 2 strapping boys who are keeping their eye on me so is my sisters and brothers… the things that has arisen from this grief is that i was sexually,mentaly,and physically abused when i were 4 years old until 15 ,i’m ocd which ive been told happened from my childhood, with losing my husband who was my protector who suddenly was’nt theie for i felt such a big lost and so alone,i haver had counselling for this because i never told anyone about it ,only my husband, and now for the first time in my life took the first step into getting some help with all this,i had delayed grief and i felt i hit a brick wall last wk hopefully will soon be on the mend so i can look after my dog i promised my husband i would, it is nice to know you can get some of it of your chest,and thank you for kind of listening and i really hope you will soon feel bit better too , sandra x