Grief

Hello,
Im just trying to find out if what is going on with me is a general thing or its a ptsd thing.
I keep having flashbacks to watching my mum die. I get triggered at work when they talk about DNR and how they couldnt just watch someone die.

Hello @Fallen,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. :heart: I think most of us have flashbacks to the moment we lost our loved ones and get triggered by any and all things. It can be PTSD, but it’s hard to say for sure. If it doesn’t get easier over time and/or feels overwhelming and you can’t cope, I believe it would be good to go talk to a therapist. All the best. :people_hugging:

1 Like

Hi,
I get flashbacks of everything. When I do I have to remove myself from whatever situation is I am in and it usually helps. I get flashbacks of things my mum said to me, of her in hosp and then at home , of feeding her, of watching TV with her at 4am in the morning, of doctors telling her she was dying,of her last day and so many other things. It’s the worst feeling sometimes but I am starting to feel I still want to have the flashbacks so I never forget certain things. It’s so difficult to explain.
I feel you will always have triggers when people say things,or you see something or hear a song or anything that reminds you of events. It’s learning to live with these triggers that’s so hard to do.
You are so young to lose your mum. My heart goes out to you.
I am sure there are many young people on here who have lost their mum and I hope they will reply to help you.
Thinking of you
Deborah x

1 Like