Grief

Im consumed by grief and although I have had some counselling I am not sure how to cope further - I have lost two sisters in the space of two months - would love to have someone to chat to

2 Likes

Hi @Bunny1972
I’m so sorry for your losses

Please be sure there will be plenty of people on here to chat to.

You have suffered great loss and it’s not going to be easy.
But I’m afraid grief isn’t easy but on here we all understand.
Please keep posting, there’s always someone here to listen and support you.

Sending hugs x x

Hi bunny
Oh how i feel for you, i lost my only sister in Jan and she was also the last member of my family. Its incredibly difficult i know. I’m overwhelmed by grief everyday. I have noticed small changes of late, i started swimming again and it helps. How i try to go forward is by thinking as i am the last one standing, i will try to honour my family by taking care of myself and try to live life as they no longer have that privilege. Its still hard but it gives ne a bit of encouragement to try to move forward. I know the pain you feel right now is acute, try your best to distract yourself and continue to reach out if you’re struggling. We are all in the same situation on here and will be here if you need. Take care of yourself xxx

1 Like

Hi bunny
I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I can’t imagine what it must be like for you.
Right now it’ll be so raw for you.
I lost my mum 8 years ago and my partners mum I was very close to in a space of 5 months. She was like a mum to me I loved her when my mum was so unwell I couldn’t speak to my mum so my partners mum was there for me in very difficult times.
When double grief hit me I then lost my nan to Alzheimer’s a year after my mum left me. For 8 years I let grief consume me I didn’t really look after myself I was in this continuous loop of blaming myself and feelings of guilt. I threw myself into work and my health was suffering. Then one day a lightbulb came on and I realised I can’t go on living like this no more. I have to take control of my life. Now life is so much better.
Trust me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Look after yourself

Thank you so much for such kind words

Thank you for taking the time to reply means a lot to me

1 Like

I thought I was invincible and could cope… my Mama died 13yrs ago and that was the hardest grief I have ever experienced these are totally different

Grief for a parent especially a mum is the hardest grief any person would ever endure. Nothing absolutely nothing prepares you for it.
I know when it hit me is was like a brick falling out of the sky onto me. Instantly I didn’t know what to do. It’s taken me nearly 8 years since I lost my mum in November 24th 2016 to come to the realisation that I don’t have to suffer like this and that I can control my grief.
I did change as a person and to this day I’m no longer who I used to be. Grief taught me how strong I am to endure this pain I feel every day deep inside me. It’s also taught me I can take what’s thrown at me. I’ve noticed it in my job where I receive abuse from the public. I used to let it get to me and bite back.
It’s weird but also amazing how grief brings out your inner strengths and though it likes to get hurt it can bring positive things in your life. It may sound weird saying that but so far that’s been my own personal experience.