Grief

Hello
I am new to the site.
Nealry a year ago i lost the most closest person to me, my grandad.
He pretty much raised me and was my biggest supporter. I am coming up to the year anniversary of when he was abruptly taken from us and just looking for a little support or tips with how to cope for my young familys sake.

Hello @Danielle31,

I’m Seaneen and wanted to say thank you for reaching out to the community. I’m very sorry to hear about your grandad. I really hope you find the community to be a support to you - you are not alone.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support. In the meantime, you might find these Sue Ryder resources helpful as you cope with your grief.

Take good care,
Seaneen

Hi,

Thank you for starting this thread. I just want to say I am so sorry for your loss and I know what it is like as I am in a very similar position.

I lost my Nan (who was pretty much my mum in closeness) last year on 26th October. It was in a sudden death way too where she fell and hit her head. She died hours after. I am struggling with the fact I never got to say goodbye to her.

I joined this community to see if others are going through similar to me and whether reaching out would help me and others. Please feel free to message me if you need/want to chat to someone in a similar stage of grief.

Thank you!