Grieving and Alone

Hi everyone, I’m so glad I found this forum, I’m not very good at putting my feelings into words, but I’ll have a go, I lost my dear sister six month ago, and it still feels like only yesterday, they say time is great healer, yet every day without her seems harder than the previous one, my family who I love dearly, seem to have gotten over her death rather quickly, and moved on with their lives, I feel so abandoned by them, now they all seem so distant, but for me the grief is still there and just as strong, my heart is broken, I feel so alone with these feelings, but just writing these words seem to bring me a little comfort, to anyone going though the same, and I know there’s many, my heart goes out to you.

2 Likes

Thank you @Ericf for reaching out to the community - I’m glad it’s given you a little comfort. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear sister. We have many members who have experienced the loss of a sibling and will understand some of what you’re going through - you are not alone.

I wanted to share our Online Bereavement Support with you in case you found it helpful. As well as our community, we also offer free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help platform. When you feel ready, you may want to explore them.

Take good care, I hope you find our community to be a support.

Take care
Seaneen

1 Like

Hi Seaneen, thank you for your kind words. Regards Eric

Soo sorry for the loss of your sister. I am also grieving alone following the death of my younger brother Peter eleven months ago, on Christmas day. We were extremely close which the rest of my siblings seemed to have resented. This forum is a lifeline, we can support each other.

3 Likes