Grieving for mum

Hi guys so I thought I would try here for some inspiration in a bad situation, my mum recently took her last breath on the 3rd of may 2024! I am left very lonely, uncertain about how I continue, she was my universe, my best friend. I spoke to her everyday, went on holidays together, bingo, I have some really nice memories but that just does not seem enough! I am finding it hard to adjust, I have moments where I break down, my mum knew she was unwell but she had hope she would get better like us all. She has been very poorly with different diagnosis for a while now, I saw and heard her stressed and struggle on a daily. That’s the only thing that keeps me strong knowing she isn’t struggling anymore.
I am very much involved in funeral arrangements and other stuff that needs to be done! I was holding her hand when she slipped away, her family were around her that’s the only comfort I get from this! :sob:

I am so sorry for your loss, and so proud that you opened up about your feelings here. Your Mom is the proudest mom that she had such a wonderful child. I understand it is so difficult what you are going through but talk with your family as much as possible or you can reach out here or on my dm whenever you feel low.

I lost my mom 6 months back due to sudden cardiac arrest and still griefing, a lot of questions I need answer to but I won’t get so all i can say take your time and be kind to you coz that is what your mom would need

1 Like

Thankyou for your kind words, we were up & down the hospital for weeks before we was told nothing is working, she was just a great mum and the void I feel is unreal!

I have no parents left now, she was the one I went to for everyday advice, love and hugs! I have so many fond memories of us together which I will treasure but I wasn’t ready to loose her to heaven!

I also am diagnosed with eupd, stress acute disorder and PTSD and I’m finding it hard to manage my mixed feelings!

I am not a selfish person neither was she, so I understood she was tired of all the illnesses! I just wish I had a few more years with her.

I guess loosing anyone who you have love & a bond with always will be too soon! The love she had for me was never in no doubt!

I struggled to leave her alone at the hospital when she did pass but I’m just glad all her loved ones could be there!

I need to step up and help her husband of 29 years now, as that was my promise to her! My mum was not her self in the end. She had so much going on her body and soul was tired!

I am struggling to sleep,eat and have any motivation, I’m snappy at my partner but I am guessing this is quite " normal" in this early stage of grieve :sleepy:

1 Like

I am so glad you are sharing everything you feel and it shows the love you had for your mom, its so adorable. Let me tell you what are you are feeling is very normal and I understand having it experienced. You are very early in your grieve and be patient with yourself, talking to more and more people but don’t snap at your partner that is not acceptable. Infact open up to her or go down the memory lane. She was very proud to have you and you were very proud to have her. Beautiful relationship which will always be there.
She won’t like seeing you if you don’t eat so have something she liked and take care, reach out if needed

1 Like

Thankyou hugs I will take your wisdom words I appreciate you :heart:.
My mum is my world and I know she only wants me to be happy, loved and live life to the max and me and my man to marry one day, she adored him too. Thanks again x

That is so wonderful what you have written. I am sure when you marry she will be watching it from up, smiling and blessing you. Take care and txt me on DM if you feel down anytime

1 Like