grieving for my sister

I lost my sister aged 34. I look after her 2 sons now. One has shown emotion and the other hasn’t. Is this normal.? I am worried about this developing into an issue in the future for him.

1 Like

Hello @Max3 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister, things must be very difficult for you right now managing your own grief and that of your nephews . Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

Also you may want to visit

• Winston’s Wish - for bereaved children and their families. (Online Community members should be 18 or over, but may be looking for advice on how to support children in their family with a loss): 08452 03 04 05

You may also want to check if there is a trusted teacher or student support worker at your nephews school, they can make sure your nephews get support.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex