Grieving.

I lost my husband in May this year and I struggle everyday. Everything is too much effort. I work and paint a smile on my face but underneath I struggle to cope, by the time I come home I am exhausted.

Hello Maggie,

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing your husband. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here is coping with the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

We also offer online bereavement counselling to members of this community. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: https://support.sueryder.org/bereavement-counselling

Take care,

Susannah

Online Community team

hi there ,not sure how your generalised response of saying every one is coping on here.i for one am surviving each day as it comes ,as for as coping im far from coping.
hi Maggie
sorry for your loss,heres hoping you can get support from family and friends,
myself I lost my long term partner Jayne over 7 months ago,i shed tears every day at the loss of my best friend ,lover and soul mate as of 28 years, I miss her so much.nothing will make this pain go away.some on here seem be coping better than others,hope you manage to find away to cope.
take care Ian.

Hi Ian

I’m not coping either and I think many others aren’t. So please don’t feel you’re the odd one out.

Like you rhe pain of losing my lifetime partner is unbearable
I get through each day, get upset over and over again , lie awake most of the night then get up and do ir all over again…

I’ve had counselling which relieved the pressure at first.Doctors only offer short term sleeping pills or anti depressants. I’m not depressed my entire life has been destroyed.
Cruse and The Samaritans all kindly people to tslk to but it hasn’t helped me.
Yes , there are those that go on to a new life and good luck to them.
The expectation from others that
we’ll all go forward to.the light at the end of the tunnel makes me feel worse than ever as if I’m being deliberately stubborn or negative .
The reality is I’ve been totally destroyed losing my partner and I know many others have too.

When somebody shares your entire adult life and are suddenly snatched away what meaning can life hold ?
After 18 months I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel.
I believe there are others on this forum who feel the same but don’t like to post about it as they’ll be deemed negative.

Surviving yes, coping no. Wishing everyone well for the day ahead .Jx

Hi Maggie Moo, i know how you feel after losing my husband in May, I too go to work, I have been going out a lot socially but have got exhausted with wearing the “mask” so Have decided to stay in more, I’ve been told to feel as we do is perfectly normal which has made me feel a bit better, I don’t think about the future as that worries me, I’m going to try and think of hobbies I can do at home that may keep my mind occupied and hope that as time goes by the pain becomes something I can bear and I can look at the memories and let them sustain me for the rest of my life.

Hi I feel exactly the same. I have started doing jigsaw puzzles, I read and do gardening. I am sorry for your loss. I try to take one day at a time. Some days are more difficult than others. Take care.

Hi
Me too
I cant see a light either after 15 months and i,ve tried my goodness have I tried.
I,m devastated,lonely and totally exhausted.
William

Thanks for your reply William and
I’m sad and sorry you’re feeling so bad as well.
I wouldn’t wish our situation on my worst enemy. Take care Jx