Grieving

• List item

Hi my name is Rebecca I’ve recently lost my Dad it was a sudden death and am finding life hard without him I’m not sleeping right and I keep crying every time I hear one of his music that he used to play I really can’t cope no more I was really close to my Dad without him i feel lost and empty inside. I don’t know what to do with myself anymore

2 Likes

@Beckyjayne92 hi Rebecca, I am so sorry for your loss. You have come to the right place and I’m sure there will be some lovely people here that will offer you support.
I lost my husband only a couple of weeks ago so I am still grieving but there will be people like you who are missing their dad and hopefully they will be able to offer you some advice on how to cope
Take care
Jen x

1 Like

Dear @Beckyjayne92

I am s sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Welcome to the Community, you have come to the right place for loads of support.

There is an organisation called Sudden that has useful resources which you may find of help to you.

Sue Ryder has a Grief Self-Help Service which provides useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

It would also be worth speaking to your GP to see how they can support you and to see if there are any local bereavement groups in your area.

There is also useful supportive information on Losing a Parent on the link below.

https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information/support-for-yourself/parent-loss?

Please continue to reach out and take one day at a time. You are not alone and we are all here to support you.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Hi Rebecca! I know exactly how you feel. I lost my 74 year old dad on June 5th 2022. I am a daddy’s girl, and I miss him so much. It has been a rough few weeks. I understand feeling lost…I called my daddy for everything. Even though I have a wonderful husband of 19 years…I always called my dad. Be kind to your self, and remember there is no right or wrong way to grieve. If you need to talk I am here!

Hi,

I’m so sorry for your loss.
I lost my dad too a sudden infection and the next morning when they were gone check on him in the hospital he was blue around the lips and unconscious.
They intubated him and kept him asleep.
Within 4 days he passed sway we had to stop his treatment august 11th 2020.

I’m still grieving.
It’s a process.
One person can do it quicker than others.
I started to grief since the first year went by.
I write letters to my dad in a notebook.
I’ve had counseling too.
Everybody is grieving different.
So do what suits you the best.
Like my mom reads books about grief and I went to counseling.
So it can be different from people around you.

If you want to talk or anything, my messages are always open.

Janine

1 Like

Thanks so much Janine! You are right everyone grieves differently. I will take you up on the offer to talk for sure. Same here, you can message me anytime!

1 Like

Sorry for ure loss. I’m like u. My mum passed in April. I’m still choking when eating. Still crying more than day before. And cannot see this pain ever leaving me. Totally lost

Caz2010 I am so sorry you lost your moml. You are right it is horrible. It does feel like the pain will last forever. I cry almost daily. I look forward to a time when I cry less and smile more when looking at old pictures or remembering things, hang in there! Feel free to reach out any time if you want to talk! Hugs!

I too look at old pictures. It hurts like hell. I’m worse now than when it happened so I no I’m not getting better. Don’t no when it will stopx