Grieving

I lost one son in 2009 to suicide he was only 26 and I lost my eldest son in 2021 due to diabetes I’m struggling mentally has I miss them both terribly losing one was bad but losing 2 I’m devastated and I don’t know how I’m coping you try to search or look for anything to help but there’s nothing there I tried therapy but that didn’t work hoping this community can help

1 Like

Hello @coolchick76,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your sons that brings you here.

You are hoping for something that can help, so I wanted to share some resources with you.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Hello - cool chick, so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved children, I too lost my two beautiful sons eleven weeks apart at the end of 2021. It is very very hard this particular journey and i hope that we can along with others on this site who have lost two or more children support each other. The encouragement and support of everyone here has been ahelp to me too.

Hi Jenna
It was bad enough losing one but to lose 2 devastating doesn’t even cut it I feel lost now that I’m not a mom anymore it would’ve been my eldest birthday this weekend it’s just so hard and unbelievable

So so sorry - I can tell you that the Compassionate Friend have a lending library and there is a book there written by a mother who is now childless . She is questioning her role now, I think you might get some comfort from it . It is a terrible place to be I know - sending you much love. I shall light a candle for you and your child on his birthdayxxxx

Thank you for you kind thoughts very much appreciated