Guidance

Im struggling after losing my mum last August after she was hit by a vehicle ten months before i actually wish i wasnt here

2 Likes

Hi Nelliesmum. Mums are such special people and hold a place in your heart nothing can replace. My mum died aged 90 and lived with us for 5 of her remaining years. It sounds like your mum never got the chance. Thats dreadful. Keep her in your mind and heart always but youve got a life too and im sure she would want you to live and be happy. Give her a hug in your thoughts and remember the good times.

2 Likes

Hi @Nelliesmum

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mum last August that brings you here.

I’m sure others will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Kate
(Sue Ryder Online Community team)