Guilt over suicide

Hi

I was wondering how anyone may have dealt with a situation where they were estranged from their sibling and their sibling died. Mine tried to reach out to me just before dying and I responded quite coldly as I was unwell and was exhausted.

It’s proving very hard to overcome the guilt. I loved them dearly, but was estranged out of fear and I thought they were safe in the hospital when they died.

I would appreciate if anyone can share their experiences/coping strategies, it hurts so much.

Hello @Tom8o ,

I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are feeling lots of guilt, unfortunately, guilt is an emotion felt by many who are grieving.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these links with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Another place to get support is:

They offer support for those bereaved by suicide which you might find helpful.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex