Happy heavenly birthday dad

Been two year , miss you terribly. Miss talking to you . Our adventures together. You popping round for a coffee for an hour and staying 3
Happy birthday :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thinking of you and sending lots of :heart::heart::heart::heart: @Bec49 xxx

2 Likes

What a lovely photo of your dad, sending hugs :hugs:
Debbie X X

2 Likes

Hi Debbie , thank you for your kind words .
How are you feeling ?
Best wishes
Bec x

1 Like

Hi Bec, I’m okay, like us all, good and bad days.
I love you little dog, my neighbours has one called Toffee. She always used to run to our house for my husband to fuss her, she still comes to look for him.
Seeing your dad’s picture reminded me of my own dad, he was a farmer. Nothing I liked more when I was little was to put on my wellies and follow him everywhere.
Happy memories
Debbie X

Morning Debbie ,
Pickle is lovely but never had a dog that could be so stubborn !
I lost my dog back in November last year . She was fab . A choc lab named Holly . But when mum died in January this year pickle came to live with us .

Dad was such an outdoor person , always out fishing , shooting or up our allotment.
I miss him telling me off for not getting them leeks in !
Dad actually died whilst he was out in a field , so never actually got to say goodbye .
Please tell me about your husband?
Take care
Bec x

1 Like

Hi Bec, I met Doug when I was seventeen, he was one of the bus drivers that took me to work. We became friends which led to love and finally married 44 years ago.
He drove buses/coaches most of his life. Travel all over the UK and Europe and sometimes I went with him. We have a daughter and a son and six grandchildren.
When ill health started just over ten years ago he had to give up coach driving, and worked in local garage until he retired.
We were supposed to enjoy retirement together but he is alot older than me and I deeply regret not taking early retirement so we could enjoy life together.
The last five years his health declined rapidly, he had many medical conditions, sleep apnoea, diabetes, COPD, asthma, irregular heartbeat but it was a blood condition called refractory anemia that finally took him from me.
Not a day goes past that I do not miss him, he was so sociable. He could go into a room of strangers and get them all chatting, and he was a little bit naughty and mischievous and we all loved him dearly for it.
Thank you for asking.
Love Debbie X X

Hi Debbie ,
Dough sounds like he was was a warm and lovely soul. Life is certainly different without our loved ones . I miss both my parents very much , very sad as our little town has put lots of flags up for the jubilee and mum would have loved to see them all .
She loved to knit and the local people have made some fab knitted covers for the posts on the market square . Miss our text , our usual Thursday lunch dates . Getting the wrong magazine !
Friends just don’t understand and they have their own lives . They just don’t get how alone I feel .
How are you feeling about the weekend?
Bec x
Bec x

1 Like

Hi Bec,
I hope you are okay. It is hard as time passes and everyone goes back to normal life. I know how you feel.
Doug was very fun loving, and I miss him everyday.
Strange you should talk about about your mum loving knitting. I’ve been knitting bunting for the Methodist church, and they have them hanging all around the outside of the church. Our market square also has knitted covers on the bollards, and council just decorated with knitting on some of the trees in the recreation ground. There are flags everywhere.
I live in East Northamptonshire, it would be so odd if we were talking about the same town.
It is when something special is happening like a bank holiday weekend when we miss them most.
I’m trying to keep busy, on Thursday afternoon going help at a sing along at church and Friday our close is having a BBQ.
Sunday watching one of my granddaughter’s dancing at party in the park event. Monday back to work.
Are you planning anything .
Debbie X

Hi Debbie ,
I think we are both talking about H/F .Very weird I drove past the tree today on my way down to mum and dads house !
I also live in Northamptonshire.
Going away in my caravan for a few days to relax and take pickle on some fab walks !
This is so weird
Have a lovely few days locally
Bec x

1 Like

Hi Bec,
Yes we are talking about the same place, that where I live.
I hope you enjoy your few days away in your caravan and you get to relax and enjoy lots of walks. I think the weather is going to be okay.
If you want to pm message me when you get back, I would love to hear from you.
Debbie X

1 Like