Has anyone felt this feeling

Hello. Ever since I lost my mum I had a horrific feeling come over me like I became separated from my mum in terms I can’t really describe. It’s an overwhelming feeling all consuming and it really hurts deep down.
I have been trying to make sense of it. All of a sudden I felt so alone without mg mum even though I live with my dad. To feel close to my mum I felt I had to be much closer to my dad by moving in. I waited 2 and half years in my own place I lived in for 26 years. 15 years before in 2004 I had lost my daughter when my ex wife took her away to her parents she hadn’t seen for 11 years. That’s another story. Now i am living with this torture I wish it would go I know in my heart it won’t go. It’s with me for life
Could someone tell me what this feeling of separation is. Is it a part of grief? Or is it just me. I desperately need help it’s tearing me apart.

2 Likes

Hi @Steven ,

Thank you so much for sharing your feelings today :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

You may also find this Sue Ryder article useful;

Take good care,
Sarah

I am so sorry for your loss,

As a layman who has lost his beloved wife to me it sounds as if you are going through grief with a type of double whammy!

Your dear mum on top of your daughter moving away must be so hard.

I am very close to my daughter and if I don’t speak to her daily would worry she was ok (she has a serious back complaint).

Wish I could be of more help.

Here is a gentle hug…

Kind regards, john (and marian)

1 Like

Thank you. I wish I couod say I feel close to my daughter. I lost my daughter 18 years ago the day her mum took her away. I fought for her in the courts for nearly 5 years and to this day the family court system has destroyed my relationship with my daughter you see the system is designed to take a child away from their parents. They create a gladitiorial battle ground between the parents fighting over the child. Custody battles are nothing but a cruel heartless tug of love two parents holding each other of the child and Everytime it hurts. It saw what I did to my family and my daughter.
Now 18 years later my mums gone it’s Just my dad anc I with my daughter living with us. I shouldn’t say this but I hate my daughter. The day my mum died my daughter was making a show of me in the hospital but not that’s not the only reason I hate her. I won’t go into it all. I just don’t want anything more to do with her. Day my dad goes I’ll be telling her exactly what I think of her she can get out of my life. She’s hurt me so much I’ll never forgive her

1 Like

I suspect your emotions like mine are all over the place.

It’s easy for our emotions to confuse us at times especially grief.

Have you had any bereavement counselling? I ask as there is a stage I learnt about called blame we seek to allocate blame for our pain, I know I did.

I found much support in here, please keep coming back as people here really “get it” as we have been through or going through it ourselves.

Kind regards john (and marian)

I understand how you feel my Husband passed away just over 3 months ago his first wife took his son away from him so he did not see him for years then one day he found his son and they started to get to know each other but the thing was his son knew none of my husband family so when it came to the day of my husbands funeral he did show up but sat at the back on his own he did talk to me but did not want to be around my husband family i feel so angry at my husband ex wife as she took away my husband time he could have spent with his son