Have a nice day...

3.45 pm Sunday and just taken in a delivery parcel for myself from a smiling Indian man courier, who after handing over my parcel when i had said to him i knew it was coming but thought maybe not on the Sunday, i guess as i was sounding bubbly and had a mile on my face he also looked smiley, friendly and pleasant, so as he was leaving my door, he said to me " have a nice day…" well you can guess this sentence hits us like a brick because he has no clue as to my life, my loss of Richard, my continual every day crying, my MS disability…of course i cant wish it back to him or to anyone else that has said this to me, as it is going to take a long time, maybe never before i " have a nice day…"

Jackie…

1 Like

Hi

No one really understands until they have been through it, some people do understand and just do not want to get involved as sad as that is. It’s a cruel world xxx

1 Like

i dont recollect seeing him as a regular courier to me so i am assuming he really did not have no clue as to my loss and my situation…I am guessing these couriers are just being friendly, maybe they need to be taught not to say this to strangers, customers at the front door as without knowing what goes on behind their closed door, they dont have the right to assume we are enjoying our day…This kind of brings it on home one time i was doing a few afternoon hours of cold calling telephone calls ( not a job looking back i am too proud of ) but on cold calling one man, sounded on the older side, he must have dashed to answer the phone, sounding put out and flustered saying to me, he was expecting a call back from the doctors, or hospital cant remember which, so i could only assume that his wife at the time was seriously ill, maybe even dying…and there was i phoning his number from a directory with asking a few questions to someone who had more important things going on…well this one phone call hit me, as it was soon after i gave this part time job up…who was i to intrude on, to call a person in his home when he was expecting a call back from a doctor, or hospital, and he dashed to the phone believing my phone call to be it…

1 Like

I do believe that this was very noble of you Jackie. You have a kind heart. x

1 Like