Have you ever wondered?

Dear all,
I’m 21 months plus into losing my darling wife Anne. Recently things have been getting worse on occasions. But I’m wondering; do any of you feel there may be a grey area between grief and self pity ? Emotions hopping from one to the other? And if so - how have you recognised this.

Thank you Lonely for sharing such private and totally understandable feelings and events. I can totally empathise with you all the way. I too have been somewhat disappointed by the lack of total support but in my case from relatives. Perhaps I’m expecting too much as they have their lives to live whilst mine is empty and meaningless without my darling loving soulmate of 50yrs. X

1 Like

Oh yes James i agree with you…perhaps we expect too much. life is just so hard going to bed getting up to face another day alone.
My darling husband died 17 months ago from sporadic cjd…life goes on around us.
Hopefully we will soon feel life as a meaning again,
i do hope so its s… at the moment.X

2 Likes

James,
Grief and self pity are inevitable when you loose the love of your life. But how can you not feel self pity when grief has been the major cause of it. You cannot help any emotion that affects you. It is just a natural response to your own way of feeling as you do.

1 Like