Having a night out

Tonight av been out with my best friend. And the guilt i have felt is unreal :tired_face: :cry: . When does it feel ok . Ever tho i no he wouldn’t want me to be sad .
I am just so emotional.
I know for sure he would of laugh his head of tonight . N telling me am a nutty …

1 Like

Hi @Totty2111 . No you aren’t nutty at all, you sound quite normal, being up in the small hours wanting support . It’s absolutely normal in this journey. How long does it last? That’s an impossible question, but it does end, and you get to the end by taking baby steps, as you have just done, so well done, and well done to your Bestie for holding your hand as you take each step.
So keep taking your baby steps, being a little bit braver each time.
I found the biggest problem in rebuilding my life is being in large crowds, where my wife would have been. Being “lonely in a crowd” made me get really anxious and panicky, but I’ve learnt to avoid invitations to large gatherings. For the time being, concentrate on going with one or two people, who are happy to support you.
It does end! It’s two years for me, I still have an odd, sad, emotional moment, and always will, but life is good again, but different.
Hang in there!!

6 Likes

Why do you feel guilty ? Cos he wasnt there ? Xx

Hi I lost my husband 7 months ago and had my first night out last night. I cried when I got there I don’t know why but sorted myself out and then did enjoy it. I prefer going out in small numbers now and prefer I quieter night. My husband would hate to see me so low all the time and would’ve been proud of me for getting out of my comfort zone.

2 Likes

Yea i get like this when he not at partys or going to friends house. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yep my partner wouldn’t want me to be upset :frowning: . I get very emotional when it comes to events :sleepy:. X

2 Likes

Wwll youre doing well going to partys cos i cant do them …as somebody said earlier on better to just have one to ones and going somewhere not too loud - i find anyway xx

1 Like

Deb a party would be my worst nightmare but I guess age also plays a part too…

1 Like

Yeh bit deginately in our situation … not been to a party/celebration since i lost my baby … couldnt bear it tbh :frowning: coffee and a meal with friends is about the heights of my lifestyle these day … xx

1 Like