Heart broken

I have always been a strong woman, losing my amazing wonderful husband is just breaking my heart, i have 3 amazing daughter who are just wonderful and dealing with their own grief, they will say that their dad was one in a trillion.
I think i am dealing with it ok, but when i am on my own my heart feels like its being ripped from my chest. Its only been a couple of months but how do i deal with life without him.

2 Likes

Hello, I am pleased that you have posted and found our site, we are all missing a very special person.
It’s hard and yes we are heartbroken when they have left us but I think it makes us stronger even if we think before hand that we are strong. You say you are on your own and on here so many of us know that feeling and for me it is something that hurts and it leaves me wondering about the future but I try not to think about it. Take each day, one at a time and if it isn’t a good day then ok, so what.
Look after yourself and take care, things will feel better little by little and always be proud of those small steps. S xx

Dear Magsh

Sorry that you find yourself on this same dreadful journey. It is just over 12 months since I lost my husband in a tragic motor accident. I always thought I was strong but since my husband has gone I realise he gave me the strength to tackle everything.

Grief hits us with so many different emotions but we all say the same thing that the heartbreak is that feeling of having your heart ripped out and just leaving a void. I wish I could say how we continue on. Our son has two young son’s so I go and help practically every day with them. Our daughter lives down South and has thrown herself into work to try and block out the loss of her dad.

I still cry every day both for what I have lost and what my husband has lost. The second grandson he never got to meet. I just have to function in the day that I find myself in particularly as I retired in February this year - this being the only thing that me and husband had discussed and agreed.

Does the pain ever ease?

It’s been a long sad day today xx

1 Like

We also have grandchildren and two that are living with me while they wait for a new house to become available so I help everyday, as they are 3 and 8 and both their parents are working from home.
But I feel guilty if I get upset as that I turn sets my daughter off it’s at times very difficult.
How ever I am taking one day at a time, and if I feel like I am going to get upset I go to my room or out in my car, where I get to be by myself.
I feel very lonely even when my house is full, I just miss him terribly.

2 Likes

Dear Magsh

Our grandson’s are 22 months and 6 months. Often when they are both asleep I look at their beautiful faces and cry for what my husband has lost. I can’t get upset in front of my son as his standard response is to tell me to go get more counselling and I loose my temper. Counselling was ok but it is not ever going to mend my broken heart. Our lives are irreversibly changed. I have to believe that I will see my husband again in another life. Until then I keep trying to put one foot in front of the other.

Hi Sheila,
I totally understand where you are coming from, we can only ever take one day at a time.
My husband has only just passed, so it is all very raw still, but every now and again in my head I hear him telling me that’s it’s going to be ok and that with time it will get a bit easier, so I have to believe that or I would be a blubbering mess from morning until night, I find it better talking about him as do our girls and I think it’s because we have no regrets other than we didn’t have this amazing husband and dad for longer.
But we did have him and and made loads of amazing memories with him that’s what matters. Xx

1 Like

Feeling the same big big sigh another awful day without him 🥲🥲

It’s heartbreaking, but I find talking about him makes it a little easier.
I am also reading this great book called “ when your soulmate dies” by AlanD Wolfelt is helping me understand my grief. :sweat: