Heart broken

Please help me my son died 6 weeks ago he was only 18
Me and kane were inseparable ex eat fast one day I tod him to get his clothes from his place which social services provided
I can’t get over this at all I feelsuicidak like I want to go crazy . Its not fair at all 5 days ot to for h.ro be hooked he accidently overdosed and his brain starved of oxygen he was in hospital fir 2 weeks I never give up hope thr he went
.I can t deal

@Mm77,

I am so sorry for the devastating loss of your son. I can hear how much pain you are in.

Many of our members have experienced the loss of a child and will understand some of what you are going through. I hope you find our community to be a support.

I’m worried that you’ve said you’re feeling suicidal. You matter and deserve support. Please do consider exploring some of the options below.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

We also offer free online bereavement counselling where you can talk to trained bereavement counsellors.

Please do keep reaching out to us here, you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

Losing a child of any age, regardless of the cause, sems so wrong.

Honestly 6 weeks is no time at all. It is 10 monts since my son died and I cannot pretend it has got any easier, and despite how I felt initially, I anm still here, the days will never be the same again. I miss him so muchand some days the tears and sadness seem endless, but with support the days can be manageable.

You might find it helpful to contact “The compassionate Friends” group who offer support to bereaved parents. Another option is bereavement counselling and you can self refer to CRUSE for this.

Remember, you can only take one minute at a time, one day at a time, one step at a time and with each step you take, each day you get through, you will, in time, feel stronger and better able to face the next day and the next one.

Thanks very much bit they can’t do anything no one can
Sam’s just listem I asked for help Friday still waiting . Sorry for your loss Beth I cry to strangers on the bus . .
I lost wish I could get some justice the lad supplying a d injecting hi.mwith drugs should ne locked up . I will sort it myself
Thanks Sean and Beth xxxxx

It is often an injustice that makes us fight to address the wrong that has been done.

I understand how angry you feel, but please, don’t take the law into your own hands. Your son would not, I am sure, want you to come to any harm because of him.

You could contact “Carers” in whichever area you live. If it’s not Carers, there will be an alternative organisation that can offer you support, it’s worth finding out what is available locally.

Loss and grief are so difficult and allowing others to be there when we need them can make a real difference.

If, in time, you can find the strength to fight and justice rather than a person your son’s death will seem not have been in vain.

1 Like

I am so very sorry to hear what has happened to your boy. I lost my daughter tragically. I felt like my whole world had turned upside down and totally overwhelmed and angry. If you can put one foot in front of the other right now use that energy for looking after yourself and loved ones. That is a huge task and exhausting and overwhelming right now for you. I guess the police know about the issues you are talking about, if not, tell them. Look after the people you love and leave the rest to the police, it’s too much for you to take on, you are suffering a huge overwhelming loss and you are definitely right to be very angry, but don’t take matters into your own hands it’s just too much for anyone to manage so early when your are so shocked and traumatised. I contacted Compassionate Friends and they will help you, they helped me. Take care of yourself as you best you can, you are in shock. I know I was for months, and still a lot of the time. Don’t be hard on yourself xxx

1 Like

Hi mm I m so sorry for your loss and all I can say is pore your heart out to these lovely people on this support group they will help and support you the best they can I only joined yesterday myself I lost my youngest daughter Leah to breast and liver cancer she was 25 and an excellent mum I know it’s not the same way they passed but they are still our children and we are broken and devastated I hope you carry on writing on here it may help you a little sending you my love and hope you get support Michelle

2 Likes