Heartbroken loss of my Soulmate

My sweetest darling has passed away recently, she was my world . Together for nearly 13 happiest years of our lives , we shared everything together never on our own that’s the way we liked it . I recently had heart surgery she nursed and helped me for 3 months and she had similar op 10 days ago and doing so well, recovering at home on the recovery and I’ve lost her.The heartache and hurt is unbearable, the unfairness on such a beautiful kind soul .I have good support around me but I am alone and empty shell of the man I was I have died with my wife but I breath sadly .

2 Likes

Hello @Indreams ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling alone and empty. I’m so sorry to hear about your wife, her passing must have been a devastating shock for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi @Indreams
I am so sorry to hear about your wife snd understand like others here on this forum just how difficult it is in losing our partners from being together as a couple to now learning to live on our own.
My husband passed away on 8th June 2023, and we were married for 35 years together for 38. There is not a day goes by when i dont miss him around. His passing was suddenly and unexpected at 63 so it was hard to accept he was gone.
I still find sleep hard and eating alone and the silence in the house hard. But each day i get through the days and it is now 9 months on. I still cry but not at intense.
I have joined a book club and looking to go back to volunteering this month for Macmillan and maybe the Food pantry.
I dont have family around as my daughter and family are in Australia but i plan to go visit this year.
Please do look after yourself and try to get support from family and friends.
Lynne

1 Like

Thank you Lynne for your kind words , and in your own grief to respond in difficult times.

Today I have the Celebrant coming round and to try and put the life we shared into words ,
We enjoyed everything no matter what it was because we were together and loved each other so dearly.
I slept last night in our bed for the first time and woke early doors , knowing today is without my wife I dragged myself up and kissed her photo today is for you .
And I will get through today somehow .
Lynne well done on your book club and volunteer work your hubby would be proud of you .
Regards John

I am sorry to here your story. We all know what it is like on this forum, although our experiences are different. My partner had a massive stroke 7.5 months ago whilst we were watching TV and died the next day in hospital. I had no preparation and I have no family to help me. One or two friends have helped but they have their own lives to lead. It is very lonely and l get very depressed and anxious. I am told it will get better so we must believe that just to give us some comfort.

Hi @Indreams
Thank you for your kind words.
I just take one day at a time and somedays it is hard to get through the day but i do.
It is clearly early days for yourself but i send you strength and hope for the times ahead.
A new life none of us wanted but now find ourselves living in
Take care
Lynne