Heartbroken

Not a day goes by that I don’t miss my Graham. My heart is so broken. It’s been 2 years 16 days 18 hours. How do I keep going without him by my side. We would or should I say been married 38 years on the 1st August.

4 Likes

Hi, @BerylS, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved husband suddenly and unexpectedly, 21 months ago, and next week it will be our 27th wedding anniversary. I know exactly what you’re going through.
You’ve come to the right place here, it’s comforting to share your thoughts with us, who are also sadly, struggling to carry on with our lives that have suddenly been turned upside down.we all relate and understand each other. This does help us get through our days.

Take care.

3 Likes

Hello Beryl, I don’t have the answer to your question but I know I’m looking for the same thing. I’ve had great solace from reading the posts here. Our community, of which you are a part, know grief. We’ll help when we can. I do know that people help to fend of the lonliness. There is love here for you.

Nigel.

3 Likes

Hi @BerylS,

My name is Kate and I’m part of the Online Community team. I can see that you are new to the community, so just wanted to send a quick message to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling.

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband, Graham, and how you are feeling. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one so in that sense, you’re in the right place to find others who will understand much of what you are going through.

You may also find the following Sue Ryder resources helpful:

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take good care,

Kate

3 Likes

So sorry Beryl. It’s just so hard without them isn’t it?
I don’t know how we keep going, but I do know that there isn’t another option…
It’s been 18 months since I lost my Ian, we were together for 40 years and I don’t think I’ll ever come to terms with my loss.
I haven’t been well this week and this is when I’ve missed him more than ever (if that’s possible). He would look after me so well in every single way. Then if there was nothing he could do he would ALWAYS make me laugh.
My love, my life, my darling husband :heart: :two_hearts:
We do know how you feel Beryl on this sad journey.
Thinking of us all
Janey xx

4 Likes