Hello everyone

I lost my Dad to bowel cancer in 2011 I did all his care right till he passed away at home I miss him so much I am also an only child.
Then on the 20th of December 2020 I sadly also lost my Mum to bowel cancer I did the same cared for my mum at home till the end but sadly I didn’t make it to her in time before she passed my husband was with her I feel so lonely and heartbroken that both my parents are gone I’ve lost the family home and feel like I’ve also lost my roots and foundations to all I’ve ever none for the last 50 years I feel paralysised the last 16 months I feel my life is paused I feel so bad for my husband and my two daughter one is 27 and my other 21 am I supposed to feel like this ? 🥲

1 Like

Hi @Jue2312,

I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad and mum. It’s completely normal to feel this way, and you shouldn’t feel bad for it. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Becca

1 Like