Hello

Hello. I’m new to this site and this us the first conversation I’ve posted and im trying to navigate my way around! The reason for joining is due to the sad fact that I lost my uncle in November 2019 and my aunt in Jan 2020 and I seem unable to cope and realise that I would like some support and advice from others in the same situation. :frowning:

1 Like

Hello, sorry for your losses, remember the good and happy memories, take the time to grief, and be kind to yourself. Everyone grieves differently and in their time there is no right or wrong. This is a good place to share yr feelings with others who are grieving, there is no judgment.
I lost my grandmother and my partner within 7 months of one another last year. With my grandmother it was expected she was very poorly and of an age so I kind of accepted her death and also got to say goodbye, with my partner it was sudden, and he was younger much younger and wasn’t poorly, and I just really struggle with his death, I have had some counselling and found it helpful with tactics to dealing with my emotions, I find I like to keep myself busy too, but also give myself time to think about my loved ones. I talk to my partner everyday still. And not a single Tuesday goes by where I don’t wish I could go back to that Tuesday and change it, 21 wks and counting… this weekend I’m off to spend time with his family, that’s is a great comfort to me knowing they still want me to be apart of their family. Take comfort in what you need to, and know there are people on here to talk too should you want or need too. Take care. X

Thank you.
And I’m sorry for your loss.
I lost my uncle and my aunt within 2 months . My uncle in November 2019 and my aunt in January 2020. Very hard to cope with and so many unanswered questions that I just can’t let go off. I often text them both but obviously there’s no reply. I domt know if doing this makes ne feel better or worse if I’m honest.
It’s lovely that you have you’re partners family in your life. I will be thinking of you. Xx

Hello

I’m sorry for your loss of your uncle and aunt
I am happy that you have come on this site to share your thoughts and grief
We are all in the same boat no one will judge you we are all here to help and support you
Some people will just read the posts others will comment
It’s our way to cope and help each other get through this horrendous time

When I joined this group it gave me comfort to know all the feelings I had you all were going through the same thing and it does help sharing and talking about your grief I wasn’t alone

We are all different my husband died at 49 I fell apart was my world fell apart the love of my life was gone my soul mate my life had changed forever
In time you learn to cope with the grief you have to
It’s been 4 years now since he died I get good and bad days still
Bad days I cry don’t do anything then I pick myself up and get on with my life as best as I can

I don’t think their is stages of grief
When you have loss something that you have loved and shared your life with for however long it hurts so much to loose them

When David died I would send him text messages then I started to write in a journal
I was so angry I couldn’t really say to others how I was really feeling I didn’t want to offend anyone but I needed to release my anger my grief
I would write in the journal every day I was so Angry at the world
Over time I wrote in it less then when my mum died I was angry again
It helped me cope
I still write in it today but not as often

So you do what’s best for you it’s what makes life bearable
it’s how it enables you to cope with your grief
Please continue writing and sharing your thoughts and hopefully we can all help each other
Take care
Xx