Hello

I lost my husband suddenly on 24th Febuary this year. It was just 3 weeks from diagnosis of small cell carcenoma of the lung to his passing. I had no time to prepare myself, especually as I was i hospital too with pneumonia,
My heart is broken, I feel lost, and alone even though my family are nearby.
How do you carry on? He was my only support, from day to day.

Hi so sorry for your loss . It’s almost six months since my hubby died I honestly don’t know how I’m still here . I miss him so so much we had been together from us being 16 year old and married 39 years . He was only 59 when he died also through dreaded cancer. I have found some comfort from posting on here and reading other people’s posts as they know what we are going through. Sorry if this hasn’t helped you .x take care x

1 Like

You take it breath by breath to begin with. I walked a lot because putting one foot in front of the other (literally) helped me to keep going. My husband’s death was sudden - he went out for a run and never came back - so there was a lot of shock for a long time. I found refugeingrief.com helpful - written by someone who lost their partner suddenly. Posting on here helps as well as, unfortunately, people do understand.

1 Like

Thankyou for your reply, I am trying to take easch day as it comes, but its so hard, i am an artist and have started to do some creative work to help me cope, but my husband is everywhere I look.
I found this group by chance, read some if the posts, and actually it does help to know that I am not the only one who us grief Stricken. I suppose we all have to find our own way forward to make a new life for ourselves.