Hello

Hello everyone Im Joanne I’m
44 and hope to make some new friends

3 Likes

Hello @JoSean, I’m glad you’ve found our community though so sorry for the loss of your partner that brings you here. I hope you find our community to be a support to you.

Take care
Seaneen

2 Likes

Thankyou so much for your kind words… It would definitely be lovely to make some friends on here as I’ve kinda been a hermit for the last few years and not wanted to go out or do anything I just didn’t see the point but now I do see the point which is why I joined this group … If we can’t cry together then at least we can laugh :joy:… Lovely to meet you … Can I ask what brought you here? Jo x

1 Like

How funny too I’ve just noticed your profile name has the name Sean in it and so does mine lol :joy:

Hi @JoSean, I’m the community manager, so I’m here to help keep the community safe and supportive, and say hello to new members :blue_heart:

Most of our members have been bereaved so will understand some of what you’re going through. Please do feel free to post on threads, too - we have a Losing a partner category which you might want to take a look at. If you need any help getting around, you can find our Help using the site page here.

Take care,
Seaneen

Hi Again … Oh I do apologise :joy: I didn’t realise I thought you were a member.
Just wondering can I put photos up such as my profile pic etc ?
Thanks so much
Jo

1 Like

I’m just trying to find that solution too @JoSean I’m normally OK with tech but I can’t do this on, so sorry for your loss my, we all in the same boat some more progressed than others in still hurting like mad x big hugs to you all here to chat

Hi I am Helen and have just signed up.

2 Likes

Hi Helen so lovely to see you have just joined I am a newbie too and this website / forum has been a comfort to me.I lost my soul mate in 2014 and honestly it’s so hard to get through a day sometimes but it does get a little easier but the Grief will stay forever…Do you have any hobbies or anything? I took up Crafting because it keeps my mind busy and has been a comfort although it took me a while
but I love it so you never know you might get a home made Christmas Card :joy: Any way reach out anytime xx

1 Like

Hi JoSean

Thanks for your reply. I lost my Mom to covid and the 1 year anniversary is Friday. My mom used to make the most beautiful cards and I went to lessons with her for a while. I play the drums as my hobby and find it a great stress reliever.

1 Like

Oh wow … I love the drums in fact a very good friend of mine died recently You may of heard of him …Jon Hill he was American and a very very good friend of mine.
I was adopted I lost my birth mother to Alcohol and then my real Dad I never knew them but it still hits home. I then lost my adoptive mother to cancer when I was 13 and like I mentioned my partner Sean in 2014 it’s been tough. Where are you
from? I’m in the UK :uk: where we are mourning the death of our Queen in fact I
think the world is . I’m 45 In December Yikes :scream:… I’ve got 1 daughter who is 22 called Elena so I’m lucky and fortunate to have her living near as she recently got her first flat so we’ve been so busy getting that decorated. Its so lovely to of found a friend on here … I don’t go out much I live alone I do meet a friend for a couple of hours and we have a coffee but apart from that im a bit of a home bird, how about you xxx

Hi Jo
Sorry to hear about your losses in life. I am based UK to I am 49 years old, married with 3 boys, Mark 30, Tom 24 from my first marriage and William 16 with my 2nd husband. I just seem to be struggling at the moment. I think it is delayed grief that is coming out as feeling angry all the time and annoyed at everyone

Well I’m here if you eva need a shoulder xxx

We all newbies none more so than I I’m here for all who need me and welcome to the new guys :heart::heart:

1 Like

Thanks Jo x

Thanks Ian :blush:

We will have to send Xmas cards this year it would be so nice to be friends with you all. So sad about the Queen isn’t it … I was watching Kung Charles and siblings earlier walking behind their mother’s coffin and some stupid idiot started shouting not very nice things to Prince Andrew… we all know he has a bit of a past but really Today??? Not the time or place and however it was should be ashamed.
Sorry rant over lol…

1 Like

Hi Ian lovely to meet you … I’m Jo I lost my partner in 2014 and been a bit isolated and in my own head … So glad I can come on here and chat to you guys if I’m feeling a bit down or just feel like a chat it’s a real comfort to know you are all just a msg away xx

Hi Jo

Yes I have been sad about the queen’s death too. I am not a fan of Andrew at all but agree with you now is not the time and very disrespectful I think.

Speak soon xxx

Aww bless you my darlin, well its hard to say the least my family’s gone to Turkey 10 days so I’m full on on my own till weekend and it’s been tough :broken_heart::broken_heart:

that’s me and my lovely wife, I so miss her

1 Like