Help with my cousin

Hi, I need some help with my cousin (third cousin), early this year he lost his Grandfather he was devastated, this man was more of Father to him than a Grandfather. My cousin is constantly in tears saying he feels guilty he can’t visit the site of his Grandad’s ashes, I have personally gone to the cemetery with him but he couldn’t face it. Just to clarify this man is not my Grandad I am from the other side of the family, the cousins he has on that side won’t even talk to him (his so called Uncle even shot him filthy looks at the funeral). I just don’t know how to help him, he keeps saying he’s not my responsibility he needs his cousins right now but they don’t care.

Thanks in advance
Kate

Hi Kate1991

Welcome to the Community. How lovely Kate that your cousin has you to support him during this very difficult time. You are helping him by being there for him.

I would like to suggest that your cousin speaks to a Bereavement Counsellor. Cruse Bereavement Support have a helpline 0808 808 1677 alternatively your cousin can use the open crusechat instead if preferred online.

Hope this is of some help. Take care.

Thanks Pepsi, I am the only one supporting him, I have tried to get him talking to mind and the Samaritans but he won’t, but I’m not giving up.

1 Like

You are welcome. Grief takes time but with your continued support he will get there. Take care.