help

please help me i cant do life without momma i have nothing without her i want her back so bad. i tried to save her but i failed and i will never be the same without her. i dont want to be here anymore

4 Likes

Hello @kellyjellybeanbag ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling like you have nothing and life won’t be the same, this is totally understandable. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You may also find this Sue Ryder article helpful, take a read when you feel ready. Losing a parent - coping with the death of a parent | Sue Ryder

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

1 Like

This might be helpful if your friends are not there for you after losing a loved one. It’s a website by a certified therapist called joincake

My far away friends are the ones supporting me and showing their love and concern. My husband is incredibly supportive and he is struggling too with his new stomach tube. This forum has been helpful!! You are not alone!!!

I am so sorry for everyone’s loss. Grief is different for everybody and I hope you realize that you are loved and cared for by us.

2 Likes

@kellyjellybeanbag i lost my dad 3 weeks ago and some days i feel im ok, but othet days are just horrible, im so sorry youre feeling this…all people say is “you need to be strong” but actually you just need to take each day as it comes, i guess this is the “rollercoaster” ride people talk about?? I miss my dad so much my heart feels like its gonna break, here if you need to chat?

2 Likes

Each grief event for me has been very different. I find the pain to be visceral from losing my brother (3 years ago) and my mom five weeks ago. And it is different for everyone. The therapist I work with on occasion confirms that it is good to feel the pain, and has given me tips on how to control when that happens, like “putting the grief in a drawer that you close”. I am so sorry for you loss. Take care of yourself!

2 Likes

I should add that it IS being strong to emote the feeling you have. Not everyone can do that. I don’t care so much where and when I cry anymore, but I have the luxury of being retired.

I also have felt so strange and “off” sometimes after losing my mom, who I called every day. I think that this part of it. A close friend of mine is also grieving and it helps me talk to her.

2 Likes