Help

I lost my father 13th July this year. He was 80yrs Old. He had had numerous illnesses over the past 5 years including strokes, sepsis numerous times, pneumonia, hypothermia to name a few. I was his only Child and he was my best friend. My mum passed when i was 18. I have a loving husband and daughter. I watched my dad suffer so much and the painful memories are whats slowly cracking my up. I am holding in my emotions and dont know how to release the pain. I went back to work after a month because everyone including myself thought i was coping but im really not. Not only do i miss my dad because he made me feel so protectected but also my world revolved around him for all the time he was ill. I feel empty, i feel pain i dont know how to express and amazing loss!

2 Likes

Hello @Violet1242,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing how you’re feeling - I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. Sadly, many of our members have experienced the loss of a parent and will understand some of what you are going through. It’s completely understandable that you are feeling so empty and in so much pain - you are not alone.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these Sue Ryder resources which may help you cope with your loss.

I hope you find the community to be a support to you - take good care,

Seaneen

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for your recent loss. Everything is very raw for you at this early stage so give yourself time to process and adjust. There’s no timeline but eventually you’ll be able to remember the more loving and positive memories rather than all the pain and suffering. It’s hard though as sometimes a little thing will trigger a memory and you’re back agonising over some painful details. Go with the emotions you feel because bottling it up doesn’t help in the long run. This forum is helpful as you’re not alone. I’m still trying to manage the loss of my Mum in January. I’m still up and down with my emotions but reading the posts on here and responding helps me. Take care xx

2 Likes