Help

How do you just carry on?

Hi
One day at a time or for me one hour at a time it will never get better you just get better at it.
William

1 Like

Well said William. You’re absolutely right. We will never be rid of our grief Paula, it is something we will carry with us for the rest of our lives. Grief is the price we pay for love. But we do carry on because we have no choice. It was the Queen Mother I believe, who said 'it doesn’t get any better, you just get better at it’s. It’s been 16 months now since I lost my husband and I can vouch for that statement. Sending love and hugs xx

Thank you William, and thank you Kate for both replying, my brother was 33 and was a tragic death! With ongoing questions, I just don’t seem to have closure yet, my husband just doesn’t seem to get it & expects me to go back to being ‘the normal me’

Hi everyone, I’ve spent years struggling with grief, since my brother died in April 2016 I’m consumed by grief daily and I thought I was losing my mind. I found a video on the bbc website called ‘ why grief is not something you have to get over’ if you enter ‘Like Minds’ in the search bar you’ll find a series of pieces on mental health issues etc. For me it explained how I was feeling perfectly and for the first time in years I didn’t feel like a freak. Paula I wondered if this might help your husband understand, we never get over losing our loved ones, the pain is always there, we have to learn to adjust but that takes time and understanding from the people around us but we’ll never be how we were before.
I hope this helps, thinking of you.
Love Jules xx

Once grief has entered your life you carry it with you always. No matter what relationship death has taken from us we always mourn the loss and our lives are changed and will never be what we expected them to be…time changes the way we react and behave but can never remove the sadness in our hearts. Living with grief is probably the hardest thing any of us has done but it is part of being human and a constant reminder of how blessed we were to have known, loved and been loved. Take care everyone x

It will never be gone. Grief is at the centre of me … it’s akways there … I live around d it… one day, one hour, one minute at a time sometimes. Grief is live with no where to go … both my adult sobs died six years ago abd one year ago. Hugs from me to you x

It’s so hard to live with, my children miss him so much also! Hugs to u

Bless your heart … it’s just so hard and so not fair x