Help

I recently lost my grandfather. He was my father figure and helped my mother bring me up for all of my 28 years. He passed away due to a heart attack and we found him at his house. I can’t get the images out of my head and I can’t get the thoughts of him being lonely and in pain out either.
We visited him every day and we have been told the heart attack would have been very quick and painless but I just can’t shake the feeling that he knew was what happening.
My partner has recently left me because I’m so down and depressed and it’s ruining our relationship. I feel so lost and I just wish I could see my grandfather one last time.

2 Likes

Hello @BethPa,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It must have been so traumatic for you and it’s understandable that you can’t get the images out of your head.

I want to reassure you that you’re never alone - there’s always someone out there to support you.

Have you talked to your GP about depressed you’re feeling? If not, it may be a good idea to make an appointment with them.

If you feel like you’re in crisis and need some extra support outside of the community, I would encourage you to reach out to one of these organisations below who can help you stay safe.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

• You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

We also offer free counselling if you feel some one-to-one support might help.

You might also find our Losing a grandparent support page helpful to read.

Please know that the community is always here for you, too.

Take lots of care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

Hi, losing a grandparent like that is so hard! I lost my grandad just over a year ago and he was like a father figure to me too so i get it 100%. I think people have different ways of dealing with it. I thought i was dealing with it and now its biting my im my ass sorry for the languge but its the grief and everyone deals with it differently and it hits poeple differently! Im so sorry to hear that about your partner too its the worst timing but keep talking, and i wont say it gets easier you jsut learn i think! My grandad suffered with heart attacks but he was poorly and no one knew why, so he was getting worse and he went to hospital, the hospital done tests and said he has lukemia and it was bad, that night he died and it was so fast and to this day i still dont understand it.
Just know that your grandad is always watching over you and he will be so proud! Keep fighting for him like hed want you too!
Im here if you need a chat!