Help

I’m just so full off sadness and anger at the same time, lost my man to cancer, he would not go to doctor till to later, but by day I just get on with things, I just don’t know how I’m going to go on long term without him

3 Likes

Hi
I lost my wife just over 9months ago to Cancer, from diagnosis to her passing was 3 months so we never really had much time to come to terms with it.
I felt exactly the same as you at the start just continue taking each day as it comes. Take your time and do what’s right for you.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss, i lost my husband to terminal cancer,I try to take one day at a time, Try to carry on for your husband .think of the good memories you shared with him.

2 Likes

I lost my partner suddenly after 2 months in hospital, he nearly made it home three times but they diagnosed him right at the end and he was never going to come homem having your hope crushed time and time again for him to go was cruel.
I don’t want to love a life with out him, I have no kids no family nearby. He was everything to me. People say it gets easier but everyday is a bit harder to cope with. Every morning it hits you harder that he is not there.

2 Likes

I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer. He was 2 weeks from diagnosis to passing. I miss him everyday. I’m just having to find different ways of living without him.

1 Like

I just get so angry, he had problems with his stomach, really bad pain, and indigestion, vomiting on and off, when he did go to doctor, he just fobbed him off with indigestion tablets and anti-sickness tablets (so I get angry at the doctor and my man as he was such a calm man, just excepted things)
When he finally got tests at the hospital, it was to late, he was diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer and given maybe a month, that was last July,
We weren’t living together at the time, so he went to stay with family about an hour’s drive away, he got palative chemo at new hospital and was doing well, until January this year, when they found he had a very minor stroke, they he got a gallbladder infection, they tried to treat it but the cancer hindered any treatment, so he was just made comfortable,
While he was with his family for his last six months he wouldn’t let me visit, even though he promised I would get to see him before he goes, so more anger, but still very sad, we messaged every day, he passed two months ago, he was my rock always there for me as I have suffered with anxiety and depression for years, just so hard to cope without him, and I have no one to talk with

2 Likes

So sorry :pensive:

My dad’s symptoms, which persisted over 3 years, were also fobbed off by the person (not a GP and don’t know if it was even a nurse) he saw. It hurts to know that our loved ones proactively looked after their health, but were failed by the system :broken_heart:. The AVMA website lists medical negligence solicitors, if you’re interested.

That won’t bring him back, that is all I want, and we was not living together the last few years (complicated story) and he didn’t let me support him or be there the last six off his life from his diagnosis.

Just having a bad day, I have 3 teenagers at home (not his, but wish he was)
Feel like I need to be strong during the day for them, but once they go to bed I just cry in my bed