Help

Mum has secondary brain cancer, 6 tumours and only given 6 months end Jan. She’s living though Hell and so are me and my sister. Any advice?

Hi @MBeckett,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share this article on anticipatory grief which you may find helpful.

Macmillan also offer support, you can contact them on 0808 808 00 00 or via online chat or email.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Becca
Online Community Team

@MBeckett
Hi,
I’m so sorry that you’re having to go through this. I know how devastating a terminal cancer diagnosis is. Thinking of you and your sister xx

Hi MBeckett
Im so sorry for what your going through.I cant imagine how tough that is.My mother didnt have a terminal illness but i did watch her go through absolute hell knowing that this was a battle she was going to lose even though i didnt want to believe it.To see my mum in so much pain was the most heartbreaking and hardest thing ive ever had to witness.Knowing i couldnt do anything to stop that pain.I wish i could say something to help.All i will say is you are not alone.This community will always be there when you just need someone to talk to.Just try not to forget to look after yourself too.sending you a big hug x