Help!

My daughters boyfriend was involved in a fatal accident at work two weeks ago. I am so worried about her. She is going from numb shock to as if it hasn’t happened to bouts of what is the point of carrying on without him. I don’t know what to do we are still waiting for a funeral date. She is on the edge of everything and feels out of the loop. It is very frustrating I have to bite my tongue. They were planning a future together but now she has little say in what happens to him. My heart is breaking watching her trying to get by with a broken heart. She suffers with social anxiety but he helped her cope with everyday life I can just see her going backwards and it scares me.

Dear Zoella67, I am so sorry for your troubles and the loss of your daughter’s boyfriend. Being a parent is the most difficult job in the world. Perhaps point your daughter in the direction of this forum where she can pour out her heart and receive the greatest of understanding. In the meantime I’m sending love and a big hug for you. Xx

2 Likes

Thank you I think that is a good option xx

Zoella, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter’s tragic loss. It must be dreadful for you to see her suffering in this way. I think the suggestion that she comes here is a very good one. It is early days after all, I do feel for all of you.