Here We Go Again!

Day started badly after a restless night, too much on my mind. I am seeing my Financial Advisor this morning to finalise my investments having everything completed after Probate.
So, nothing now in my dear husband’s name, it really is breaking my heart. I wish I could step off this world.
Hugs to all xx

6 Likes

Hi @Rome18,

Thank you for starting this thread. I’m sorry to hear you had a restless night.

It sounds as though you’ve got lots to think about and organise following the loss of your Husband - I hope your meeting with the Financial Advisor was helpful this morning.

I’m just giving this thread a gentle bump for you - hopefully someone will along to offer their support.

Take care - keep reaching out,
Megan

1 Like

Thank you @MeganSR, my meeting went better than I was worried about. I feel that I have done all I can with my dear husband’s estate, and he would have been pleased, and that’s all that matters. It’s so distressing having to remove our partners’ names from so many things.

5 Likes

It is distressing but so necessary . I was sad my account wiped his name off his past transactions on my single now account

2 Likes

As you say, it’s so necessary, but it really hit me hard this morning, seeing no joint accounts.
More and more, I feel in an alian world, without my husband.

2 Likes

I feel for you, and for all of us in this awful situation. It is so very painful to go through the process of having their names removed. I also had to close off a small business partnership we had established in 2000, and reopen as a sole trader, and the anguish of doing that is still with me (even though it is something he wanted me to do). Caring thoughts going your way x

Thank you Ava, caring thoughts being sent to you, too. Good luck with your business x.

1 Like

Thankyou Rome, its now only a small online business but helps in some way to supplement the pension x

Oh tell me about it ! Its awful :frowning: xx

Removing his name from everything feels like such a betrayal doesn’t it.

Yesterday I threw away all his medical emergency cards. Steroid warnings. Chemotherapy cards. Today I have destroyed his GHIC card and I keep looking at his driving licence. I have this huge urge to put things on one side for when he next needs them.

I cry enough as it is. I don’t know how I will be when the realisation hits that he really isn’t going to ever come back.

2 Likes

I can understand you feel a betrayal . I thought he would be proud of me getting my house in order , reducing bills etc

1 Like

Just take it a day at a time honey ! I know its bloody hard and so difficult. Just do what you NEED to do and dont put any pressure on yourself xxx

I know exactly how you feel Louise, it’s heartbreaking. Not having joint accounts really got to me. I have a pretty box where I am keeping certain things, and his driving licence, passport, spectacles and key ring are in there with other keepsakes. What we keep is obviously very personal to us,

1 Like

Same with me i sat and cried as i told them to take his name off bank account ! So very harsh damn !!! In end i went into robot mode and just did everything quickly and tried not to think about what i was doing xxx

And you know thats a good idea - im gonna get a pretty box to put all his valuable things in !!! Xxx

I forgot to say, his wallet is also in the box, together with a £10 note. I haven’t touched it. Crying again! I keep thinking I must have done something really bad to be suffering like this, but I know that’s a daft thing to say, but why when there are so many awful people about. xx

1 Like

You havent done anything bad … ofcourse you havent ! I just bloody crap life isnt it and the crap it throws at us ! I know it doesn’t seem fair any of this does it ? Its not our fault though ! Honestly !!! But yeh there are so many awful people in this world and it shouldve been them … not our precious men !! Xxxx