Hi to all

I have just lost my partner, on his birthday, in April. I am struggling with the loss, and the grief is all consuming. I’ve used a forum before when I had cancer in 2013, and it helped so much. Am hoping this could help me. Thanks . Angie

I am so sorry Angie1 it is horrendous especially losing your partner on his birthday,
I shall write more tomorrow,
Take care
Blessings,
MaryL

1 Like

Hi. Angie. Welcome. I am sure this site will lift you up just a little and maybe later, a lot. I found it so in the beginning of this awful process called grief. At the moment the best advice has to be take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time. It’s far too early to think about the future, don’t even try. Yes it is ‘all consuming’. It takes over our thoughts all day, and its’s so difficult to concentrate on anything. The ‘what ifs’ come thick and fast. You say you are struggling with the loss. Don’t struggle or fight. It creates more anxiety and more fear. Allow emotions to come, no bottling up.
Grief is a process, and nature has given some relief in our emotions. There’s no shame in feelings and emotions. This is very much an individual process and no rules or methods apply. Each of us deals with it in our own way. I hope you have some support in this difficult time. We all need help and support.
Take care and look after yourself.

Hi Angie, I am
ailie a volunteer here and I just wanted to welcome you to this community and Thank you for your post. I am
So sorry to hear about the recent loss of your partner on his birthday in April - it is very early days. I am so pleased that you have reached out to us here, we are here to support you and provide comfort from shared experiences to know that you are not alone. Ailie x

Thank you for your messages. I really appreciate the support and advice. Xx