Hope

I know grief is different depending on the person you are grieving for and the relationship, but this grief feels like nothing i have ever experienced. Other times, i have felt broken, devastated, and in dispare, but I’ve always known I’d come through the other side. Loosing my partner feels impossible, and i feel completely hopeless, i see no light at the end of the tunnel, i see no way out of this. People keep telling me that life goes on and that i have a life to live, but how am i supposed to live my life when the main person in it, the person who was supposed to be by my side for the rest of my life is gone.

6 Likes

I feel your pain ,life has changed forever, we have been robbed of our lives and our futures. I lost my husband 12 weeks ago suddenly a fit and healthy 43 year ol d . He died in his sleep. Since I’m just lost and empty and feel like there is nothing left to live for. Its like a big part of us died on the same day as them.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me. He was 25 years old, talking about the future and stsrting a family and he passed in his sleep on the day our lives were supposed to change

2 Likes

12 weeks today for me. On the whole I function really well but I have days like today where my head is a mess. There seems a pattern. They tend to follow a sorting period. I’ve just had to sort out people to fix the gutter, chimney and the van needs to go to a garage but that’s not simple as needs to go to a commercial garage and I’m starting back at work so everything seems a bit overload.

Thing is, we’re not dealing with just loosing our loved ones, we are also dealing with the shock, a scary reality of life without them, their support, their protection, the planning, the future and so much more.

There’s so much we’ve lost and I believe grief is just one bit of lots of bits.

3 Likes

I feel this. Stu was 38, we had so much to look forward to. He was my forever and we made each other so very happy. I just cannot fathom a life without him and I feel so alone.

3 Likes

It was a week yesterday since my husband died, 2 weeks today at this time he said goodbye and went out on his bike, he suffered a cardiac arrest and despite CPR and air ambulance arriving quite quickly he never regained consciousness. I can honestly say i have never felt so lost and hurt so much. I am sitting on the verandah of a holiday home we purchased with our children and intended to visit more often when we both retired next month. He loved the sea views but it is breaking my heart to see them without sharing it with him. He always said how lucky are we to have this. I know he would want me to spend time here but its so bitter sweet, everything reminds me of him. Reminds me of our plans, our hopes and dreams. He worked so hard all his life, he so deserved a lovely retirement. I honestly don’t know how i can do this. Thinking of you all in this sad situation.

6 Likes

@Freefaller
My partner was also on a bike ride and suffered a cardiac failure. He wouldn’t have known what happened to him, he died instantly. 49 and a whole life to live! Sundays are pants for me right now .

3 Likes

I lost my partner 11 weeks today. @Ali29 you sum it up really well it’s not just losing a special someone it’s also losing everything that went with the relationship we had with them too. We had been planning our retirement, places we wanted to travel etc… all gone. Some days there seems little point to anything but I know my partner would want me to carry on, so I do.

3 Likes

@Ali29 my heart goes out to you. So many people on here have said that cycling was involved. It scares me to think that trying to stay fit and healthy has led to these early deaths. Sending a big hug. X

2 Likes

@Freefaller
Tell me about it, cycled, did the gym 3x a week. We were eating so healthily it was ridiculous. He looked incredible and was the fittest I think he had been for a while.
Well, chocolate and cake are now my friend! Sod it I say, didn’t help him did it!

1 Like

@Ali29 i did have a wry laugh at your comment about chocolate cake! When i can face food again i shall have what i want too. X

2 Likes

Same he was fit and healthy just goes to show when its your its your time

My partner was fit and well too. Died at work of all places an hour after I had spoken to him. Life is so cruel.

1 Like

Yes indeed life is so cruel and unfair :cry: my husband died 16 weeks ago suddenly and he just turned 53. The month before we had celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and the following month I was organising his funeral. Time isn’t helping and every day I beg for him to come back and at times I beg that I would wake up from this nightmare. Hate life so much and why did this happen to our little family where we were happy. No one else I know has lost a husband young and most likely will never experience losing a husband till they are older which I would accept more as my husband would have lived his life to the fullest. He will never see my son get married or be a grandfather or retire from work and now I have a long lonely life. Wish it was me who went instead as living with this awful pain.
Sorry for the rant as know everyone is suffering as well. Big hugs to all xx

5 Likes

I feel the same ,i wish i died and not him, living without him is just merely existing like you we were so happy im our small world we were good people and helped others and always went above and beyond. Since he has died I’ve realised that no one had gone above or beyond for me.I keep getting up every morning and try to function the best i can . I hope with time i will manage this pain but until then i just wish to join him. Its not a normal life cycle to lose you life partner so young without any warning, just going to sleep and dieing. Its just shocking how quick our worlds collapse and we are left in darkness trying to navigate the pain the yearning and our souls looking and needing the one we love which is impossible to achieve.

4 Likes

Same here, i feel like my life ended the same day Bri’s did. He only went out for his walk and collapsed down the road from where we live. He was only 47, seemingly fit and healthy! That was 6 and a half months ago and i feel like ive been robbed of our future together, we had plans to retire at 60 and travel, or emmigrate to australia in the next few yrs. Im angry that dream has gone, i have a lot of anger and zero patience these days…its not fair the hand weve all been dealt. Xx

6 Likes

I feel angry too no one has had their partners die so young from people around me . There is people in their 80s living and i just feel life is so unfair. I too have no patients anymore i wake up go through the motions and wish i was dead every day. There is literally no life left anymore

5 Likes