How can we mark their birthdays

It is another ‘first’ for me today. My lovely husband Mike’s birthday. He loved his birthday so much and I always made him a little cake with a candle. i shall still do that today. I also bought a child’s bubble maker with a wand to wave around to make bubbles. I stood in the garden early this morning and sent the bubbles up to him to let him know i was thinking of him and missing him so very much. He would have loved that.
Love to all of you in our shared pain. x

5 Likes

I have my husband’s 60th birthday coming up in April, first time since he passed in November. We had planned a trip away, meeting with friends and presents of course. I don’t know what to do, I like the idea of the bubbles, and I light candles for him anyway. I don’t know what else I could do.

Thinking of you today @Jean2, the firsts can be really tough when they come around. Making a cake with a candle and sending bubbles is a lovely idea. Sending you lots of strength today :yellow_heart:

@gilmar lighting a candle is a beautiful way to remember your husband. Keep us updated with how you’re feeling, we’re here for you.

Thinking of you today Jean I know you would have made his day special
Sending love x

Hope we all get through ok. I will light a candle and make a little donation to the rescue we both volunteered for and I still do x