How can we mark their birthdays

It is another ‘first’ for me today. My lovely husband Mike’s birthday. He loved his birthday so much and I always made him a little cake with a candle. i shall still do that today. I also bought a child’s bubble maker with a wand to wave around to make bubbles. I stood in the garden early this morning and sent the bubbles up to him to let him know i was thinking of him and missing him so very much. He would have loved that.
Love to all of you in our shared pain. x

5 Likes

I have my husband’s 60th birthday coming up in April, first time since he passed in November. We had planned a trip away, meeting with friends and presents of course. I don’t know what to do, I like the idea of the bubbles, and I light candles for him anyway. I don’t know what else I could do.

Thinking of you today @Jean2, the firsts can be really tough when they come around. Making a cake with a candle and sending bubbles is a lovely idea. Sending you lots of strength today :yellow_heart:

@gilmar lighting a candle is a beautiful way to remember your husband. Keep us updated with how you’re feeling, we’re here for you.

Thinking of you today Jean I know you would have made his day special
Sending love x

Hope we all get through ok. I will light a candle and make a little donation to the rescue we both volunteered for and I still do x

Dear Jean,

I am so sorry for what you have been through and are going through it is hard and the heartache goes on.

For my husbands first birthday after he died our grandchildren wanted to send three balloons to heaven, our sons blew them up with helium, fastened ribbons to each of them and our grandchildren wrote little messages, scribble really, as they were all very young but what they scribbled meant something to them. It was a breezy day and we went onto the park at the end of our street and we all said happy birthday to my husband and the little ones let the balloons float into the sky, they stood watching them until they vanished from sight and our four year old grandson said, “granddad Peter’s in heaven, will I see his star shining tonight.” We waited until evening and went outside and the lovely thing was, there was just one star shining brighter than all the others (The North Star) and our grandchildren shouted, “look it’s granddad Peter”.

That was six years ago, every year now, I put fresh roses next to his ashes and his photo and wish him Happy Birthday.

The ache is always there.

Love
Sheila (Lonely)x

2 Likes