How could this have happened?

This is the question I keep asking myself, I’m numb and in pain since losing my lovely sister. She passed away 1st June 2023 after being diagnosed earlier this year with Cancer. Although I was there when she passed I still can’t believe it. I live in a bewildered state not knowing what to do with myself. The problem is my sister was very much more to me than a sister she was my everything and I am heartbroken without her. Life seems so unfair x

1 Like

Hello @Penguin ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your sister that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

Hi.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
Welcome to the forum. It’s been so helpful to me. You are NOT alone
You will be numb and unbelieving. That’s part of the grieving. I’m six months in and still sometimes don’t believe it. You will come through this.
it’s such early days yet.

1 Like

Hi Penguin,
I lost my sister on the 8th June this year so completely understand what you’re going through. Im so lost without her, i knew she wasn’t going to win the battle from pancreatic cancer but hoped we’d have longer than 6 months. I constantly think about her. I also lost my job 2 days before her funeral so am trying to find a job on top of everything else, although I’m not sure I’m ready to work. I hope that things improve for you and you can remember all the good times you shared.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for their kind words it is very helpful and I feel like I’m not alone and others understand what I going through, I lost my Dad a year ago today so it’s been a very tough time x

1 Like