How do i cope

I lost my partner 8 weeks ago to cancer 5 weeks ago was his funeral i feel like my heart has been ripped out all i do is cry its so hard. And now on sunday his brother died suddenly everyone is in shock how can life be so cruel funeral is in a weeks time its like a kick to the hesd everything is the aame right down to the same undertakes i am really struggling.

6 Likes

Hello @Morag99,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’m so sorry for the loss of your partner and your brother; that is such a lot to cope with. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Oh i know its really hard this journey :frowning: my husband passed 6 months ago and it is still so hard … you are very early on and i remember that pain :frowning: but it will subside but im not gonna lie youre gonna have bad days on and off for a while yet ! Its the hardest , painful road i have ever been on :frowning: god bless xxxx

That is so hard for you to bare. My partner of 11 years died last month and his service was in Preston where he came from and i live in Scotland so could not attend the service due to my disability. I know it’s a cliche but I plan one day at a time setting myself a target each day. I hope you have people around you.

2 Likes

I have plenty of people around me and am also having bereavement counselling its really hard and really raw and now with his brother dieing its just awful. I miss my partner so much we were together for 31 years and now i just don’t know what to do. The funeral is going to be so hard next wek and i don’t know how me and my daughter are going to get through it …

2 Likes

Yoy will get through it honestly - the strength comes from somewhere ! In some ways it is very beautiful saying all the thing’s you want to say about your loved one … its just afterwards … that can be harder in many ways xxx

At the moment it doesn’t feel like i have the strength to get through anything but i will keep going for my family…

I know … but you will find the strength from somewhere on the day .
Honestly u will xxx

I hope so i really do its going to be so difficult but i will get through it …

1 Like