How do i help my dad

My father lost his wife in February and then his father in March.His wife was his soul mate and her lost without her.He is really struggling.I don’t know how to help him.He has insomnia and he’s just been made redundant and I just wish I could say something or do something to help him.

1 Like

@StarHeart I’m sorry to hear that. It’s difficult seeing a parent struggling with grief. We lost dad in June unexpectedly and suddenly and my grief is a different level to mum’s grief. Her and dad would be celebrating their 43rd wedding anniversary on 9th December and it breaks my heart seeing mum so lost and broken. I don’t know how to help her because 44yrs of being together, I just can’t imagine the pain she is feeling.
All we can do is be there for them as best we can. Spend time with your dad over a brew, a walk, a meal, anything. Keep talking about the special times to keep the memories alive as memories are all we have left of them. Your dad will know you’re there for him and love him deeply. His process of going through grief will differ each day, just take things a step at a time and allow him space and time x

1 Like

Thank you for your advice.It has really helped.Sorry for your loss x

1 Like