How do I live the rest of my life?

Its just so sad ,I feel the same i wake in the nite my tummy and heart …feel like they are going burst …I am to coming up to a year with out my husband…22nd January since he passed with COVID-19…and I just can’t escape it its everywhere…the reminder of that day they switched off his life support. Am dreading Christmas…my two daughters and mum try and keep me going …just so so hard …sending love and prayers to all of you who have suffered the loss of a loved one x

4 Likes

I am so sorry to read this. I am only 8 months in and often think about the 20th March next year which will mark 12 months since that awful gut wrenching day. I like you remain strong for my daughters and Grandson but not a day goes by when I don’t miss her. She was taken far too soon at 49 but I treasure and hold dear the memories.

Please take care x

2 Likes

So young …life is so cruel…would be nice to have a proper group meeting where we could all meet for coffee …and all chat together…take care .sending love and prayers xx

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I do think about trying to find some sort of support group as this is not getting easier. I live 2 lives the one other people see and the one when I am alone.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Damien
xx

3 Likes

I joined curise bereavement they were really good…I had 6 sessions…and now having some more from the 2nd December. Its good to talk to someone outside of my family …its just so hard dealing with grief…I lost my dad when I was 18 …but this is so different losing my husband…xx

1 Like

I just admit I had a couple of bereavement sessions to get me through my sons wedding after his dad died at Easter time. It really did help me deal with the speeches and peoples kindness when they approached me. I paid privately for one to one sessions but it was worth every penny.

2 Likes

Hi Sally, I lost my wife of 38 years also in January and like you used cruse for some time, we did it through Zoom plus I had some one to one with them I met some wonderful people there who I still keep in touch with, I would certainly recommend them, take care

3 Likes

Would be lovely to have meetings , but because of covid it’s just phone calls ,its good to talk about how you feel x

Whilst I was having the Cruse zoom calls “still do sometimes” we were able to share our personal details “had to email giving written permission” this then opened up a whole new opportunity to discuss our feelings through Text, Email, phone etc and even meeting up in person. I found this helpful as it was Instantaneous so we did not have to wait for the meeting, plus we got to know each other really well and were and still are in the same situation.

1 Like

I lost my wonderful husband 20 weeks ago. My life has come to a full stop, and, I have difficulty imagining or thinking of how I can pick up the threads and go forward without him.

I attempt everyday to be there for my sons but it is extremely hard not to spend time I. Floods of tears and the heart wrenching agony of grief.

4 Likes

So that is the first traumatic year of the rest of my life over. My darling husband has been gone for 52 weeks and my heart is forever broken.
The close family had a lovely meal and ecchanged memories tonight which was uplifting. I visited his tree with his dad and scattered sone ashes around his beloved mum’s tree.
What do I do now? How am I expected to live the rest of my life without him? Only memories left. It’s doesn’t bear thinking about.
I love and miss my husband with every bone in my body and will do so fir the rest of my life.
Take care everyone and be kind to yourselves xx

11 Likes

That is such an apt description. I live a double life too. The one that others see, people thing I’m strong and doing well, and then my real life where some days I don’t even brush my teeth and sit all day in my PJs crying.

6 Likes

It’s so hard living each day .it will be 1 year on 22nd January that my husband passed away with COVID-19…he was taken into hospital 7th January and 2 days later put into a induced coma…the last time I spoke to him …and this week I have been reliving this last week …every phone call to and from the hospital. Then the 22nd myself and my 2 girls were called up …and they switched off the life support…I have so much anxiety thinking could I have done more :tired_face:

3 Likes

It’s only natural to have that anxiety, that’s what we do to ourselves we think we should have done more. I’m absolutely convinced if my husband had been dealt with sooner he’d still be here but I’m not a doctor, it’s not my fault. I have to tell myself that to get through the day sometimes.
We have to try & not make that the overriding memory but it’s difficult because we miss them so much.
Sending love & strength x

2 Likes

All the broken promises of people keeping in touch has shocked me too. Luckily I have a few real friends who do keep in touch. Also how quickly people just think you must be ok now. Our lives have changed so much how can you be ok after 4 months x

3 Likes

Ive not been on this site before. I lost my wife two years ago, since then I live in hell. I live solely to outlive my parents then I’m going. They say life gets easier through time. No it doesn’t. I pray everyday that Im back with my wife. Her smile, her very existance haunts me. Life will only be happy again when Im back with my baby

9 Likes

Hi Peter
I know how you feel, I lost My Derek at Christmas 2 years ago & had my elderly Mum not been alive I’m not sure I’d have got through this last 2 years. I have started this year trying to be positive, I’m accepting invitations but all of our friends are couples & brings it back that you’re alone. We go on because we have no choice but in reality our lives stopped when their’s did. We can only do our best & dig deep. I know he’s part of me, I talk about him everyday & whilst I am here so is he. Sending love & strength.
Take care x

6 Likes