How do you get counselling?

I’m not even sure it will help, coming on here helps a lot but sometimes I think talking in person would help too. I do have friends and family but I don’t want to bring them down, I just can’t stop crying. Every time I start talking I start crying and I just can’t bear this pain. I live near Coventry does anyone know of anything available in the vicinity I do drive so it doesn’t have to be on my doorstep.

1 Like

Hello @Juniper19,

I’ve had a look for you and here are some options you might want to explore.

It sounds like you’d like to talk face-to-face, but if you were interested in video counselling, Sue Ryder offer free online bereavement counselling, which is held via video chat.

I hope that these links are helpful and you can get the support that you need.

Take good care,
Seaneen

1 Like

Private message me anytime if you need a chat I lost my partner to brain cancer it broke my heart x

1 Like

My GP told me to contact Cruse. However Macmillan cancer bereavement councillor called me and i have a face to face session tomorrow . Its nearly 10 weeks since i lost my husband of 50 years to cancer. I really dont want to be here. Life is too hard. It’s only my dog that keeps me going.

I know the feeling - the not wanting to be here, my husband of 40 years died very suddenly with a heart attack - it’s my children and Mum that keep me going xx