How Grateful I Would Be To Have Just One More Day

If I could have just one more day and wishes did come true
I’d spend every glorious moment side by side with you.
Recalling all the years we shared and memories we made
How grateful I would be to have just one more day.
Where the tears I’ve shed are not in vain and only fall in bliss
So many things I’d let you know about the days you’ve missed.
I wouldn’t have to make pretend you never went away
When that day came to a close and the sun began to set
A million times I’d let you know I never will forget.
The heart of gold you left behind when you entered Heaven’s gate.

10 Likes

Beautiful words. We all wish for one more day its true what they say you don’t know want your got till its gone.

3 Likes

It’s coming up for one year since I lost the love of my life, but it feels like yesterday.
I still can’t believe it.

2 Likes

Dear sad2

Thank you so much for sharing this poem. So many people here are suffering in similar circumstances. Loss is hard, takes years to get over, it changes everything. It’s seismic.

So please continue to reach out on here. We are all here for you.

best wishes

Miche24

Misprint.
Truest words ever written. My friend and I used to go out together every Wed and moan about all the little things our husband’s did that annoyed us.
Now we would both give anything to have our husband’s back!

2 Likes

One more day indeed and then another and another and another etc. One more day would never be enough but it would allow us to say all the things which were left unsaid; which brings to mind the saying:

If I knew the last time I kissed you was the last time then I never would have stopped. :heart:

4 Likes

Oh Sheila, how I understand every word… It’s heartbreaking every single day, isn’t it? :heart:

2 Likes

Beautiful thankyou annie

1 Like

Just one more day …

3 Likes

If only xx

2 Likes

Oh I wish he would

3 Likes

Me too I would stay with my lovely husband lv annie x

1 Like

Hi,my husband was also put in an induced sleep in intensive care,we were in shock had to have a long emergency operation which was very unexpected,he was there for 4weeks unable to talk,It was a nightmare still is
I still relive every minute hard to believe its been 20 weeks since he passed miss him so much,grief is very painful it’s broken me,

Take care

Christine x