How is everyone

Things will be alright.
One day at a time. Don’t be hard on yourself. You’re going through a tough time.

Sending hugs :hugs:

4 Likes

:people_hugging:
I know a virtual hug is nowhere near, but im sending you one anyway.
Horrible on your own sometimes, things take time, but you will be ok. (Or at least stronger, more able to live with your grief,better)

4 Likes

Night time I find is the hardest part of the day when you want to talk about what has happened or to get input in decisions about the house. Does anyone else have a time of day that they find harder.

4 Likes

Sending you the biggest of hugs x

3 Likes

Mags66, i couldn’t say anything because of his daughter, i could’ve fought what her mother did, but at what cost to his daughters mental health and my own. Hi ex-wife on behalf of her daughter took over at the hospital, tried to have me removed as next of kin, even though through his stroke he told them all, staff included i was, she caused so much trouble even i wasnt getting the right information from the staff… she then 9 hrs after he passed took his keys off me and locked me out of his house, she had already applied for administrator and continued to sell sell sell… 3 weeks later his house is practically bare… she just wiped years of his life out for one thing … money :confused: he would be so hurt seeing his beautiful collections being sold for next to nothing - quick sale :confused: that on its own is heartbreaking.

4 Likes

I find night time worse too as it’s quiet and you think more about things. Had to get some sleeping pills from my GP as I haven’t been able to sleep.

2 Likes

Either ends of the day……first thing in the morning or evenings/bedtime depending on what plans I have for the day. Work keeps me occupied during the day.

4 Likes

I tried to get sleeping tablets at my GP but they dont give them out, they offered anti depressants which I had said I didnt want.
Sme nights I sleep others I sit watching TV till I drop off with the dog.

4 Likes

Its still so early days for myself so all the time just seems the same at the minute

3 Likes

For me mornings are worse - wake up feeling empty and alone! Night times not good but relaxing in bed next to his (twin beds) makes me feel securer! Having said that waves of grief hit me at unexpected times and I experience deep, deep sadness! x

5 Likes

Yeah, early days tend to do that don’t they? Unrelenting most of the time.x

4 Likes

Some people just are vile. And she sounds like that.

I’m still trying to work out why getting married or someone dying brings out the worse in people. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

One thing no one can take from you, are the memories you have. Karma is a wonderful thing, one day it will bite her when she least expects it.

Concentrate on you, your health and remembering the person you lost. Concentrate on your grieving process. It must be hard knowing what she is selling was his. Once the money has gone, then what she going to do. You will still have your lovely memories of him.

Sending hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

Thankyou mags, i try to block everything shes doing out, its just so hard when its effecting my 14 yo daughter, she was so close to my partner, my kids called him stepdad off their own backs because he showed them unconditional love and he was proud to call them his step children. It just overshadows everything for me at the minute, you are right, the money will run out and she will disappear under the rock she came from, maybe then ill get the peace to grieve. I dont understand why people behave like that when someone passes, its horrendous time on its own without bitter and twisted people… im so glad i found this community, everyones journey is so different, yet everyone understands at the same time.

4 Likes

@Kess im having a similar experience, dealing with narcissistic person, absolutely has tainted my grieving process with the same feeling of wanting peace and having somebody in the way of it is horrendous, I’m currently trying to work through it with one of the amazing councillors from the sue ryder ones. Maybe something that you could try.x

3 Likes

I find first thing in the morning is horrible for me as I think sue is downstairs in the kitchen and nightimes i really dread as the night feels like they are lasting for ever .dont think I will ever get over it

2 Likes

Thank you Sun, im not quite ready for that but i will definitely soon. Its good to know though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wayne2 thankyou. Definitely people who have never been through this will never understand

3 Likes

Yes said by people that haven’t had the connection we have had . And the next person to say (shes in a better place ) . Well it won’t end well for them !! . Where is this better place . Where exactly is that then . Is it better than by my side enjoying our children enjoying our grandchildren which my wife adored . Feeling the sun on her face . Its such a stock comment as is the time is a great healer one . Time will never heal the lose i feel how could time heal being with the women i would have given my life for in a heart beat . No i will cope somehow as i have done for the last two years . Strength to you all my fellow grieving friends x

6 Likes

To be honest,I think it’s too early anyway,think you’ve got to be 12 weeks into your loss before you can apply,and I’m not surprised you’re not feeling ready.(might not be something you want either x)

2 Likes