How is everyone

Hi all.
Just thought would find out how you are. We are so use to saying fine, when people ask, but I want you to be truthful.
I feel like crap. I’ve now become a insomniac. My MS is playing up. I’m sick of the fatigue :weary:
I just want sleep. Apart from that, I actually think I’m doing ok. It hurts with Kieron not here. But I talk with him everyday. I’m taking baby steps and I’m working on me.
Hugs :hugs: and remember, look after you x

18 Likes

Hi from jeff . I know how you feel i lost my darling girl a week before Christmas 2021 i get through the day just but on the inside i am still as devastated at losing her as ever but when asked and i got uesd to saying when asked all be it not very often how i was i would say oh im ok and then one day i said SOD this im not going to say im ok when i clearly am not !! . Unfortunately the first person to ask was my son inlaws father on Christmas day my daughter had asked me over so i told him just how i was feeling i upset my daughter she had gone to a lot of trouble for the day . She is half way through a counciling cource so understood . But i said that is what i was going to do . If that makes people feel uncomfortable well im sorry but thats the way it is . All the very best to you x

4 Likes

Hi, from Kess, i truly feel crap. Lost my partner 3 weeks ago, everyone that asks i say im ok i guess, it just kinds of shuts everyone up. I cant sleep, but thats all i want to do, i dont really eat, struggle to hold a conversation and just want to hide from the world. I have 2 kids 17 and 14 that i have to keep going for. I dont know how to feel let alone cope. Sending you hugs xx

7 Likes

Good for you Jeff for taking the stand and be honest about your feelings. I’m doing the same now.
If they not really interested they won’t ask again.
Hope you had a good weekend x

4 Likes

Just keep coming on here. Putting down your true feelings. We need to be able to be honest about feeling crap. Not wanting to eat. Not able to sleep.

You have people on here that fully understand all that.
Sending hugs :hugs: x

6 Likes

Thanks for the support . I can only send it back to you . If you haven’t been there you have no idea the price we pay for loving someone unconditional x

5 Likes

Thankyou for the support, it feels a very lonely road but a little better now ive found people that truly understand x

4 Likes

Well its easy to say your not on this journey of grief alone . And only you know how you are feeling . But you really are not alone you have friends here that get it . So keep posting to help you and others !! X

4 Likes

Mags66.dreading next Friday as its our wedding anniversary. My gorgeous beautiful late wife sue was trying to hang on till until our wedding anniversary but i told her to let go as i couldn’t see sue suffering anymore.so i picked our wedding anniversary for sues next step of her journey. Its been a year on the 1st February this year. Just feel so lost without sue x

2 Likes

Im there with you my friend . Anniversaries can be though. My girls birthday is on the 1st of March . Will mark it by having dinner out with our daughter and son who adored her . All the best at a difficult time for us all !!

4 Likes

So sorry Kess.

4 Likes

Thankyou Jeff, i guess for me the fact that all control was taken away from me regarding my partner / his wishes and even his things is making a hard situation feel infinitely worse, imagine scrolling fb an hour before the funeral because you dint know what to do with yourself, and seeing your partners boots on a selling site post pop up amongst furniture of his. Anger, frustration, devastation and heartbreak all in one go and having to face the person who did that and cant say anything about it. I feel like im in a spiral that just keeps speeding up, slows down and throws another awful thing in the mix and it spins again. Ive never felt so many emotions all at once x

3 Likes

Yes you certainly didnt need that extra stress in youf life . Hope you find so calm at some point soon x

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can understand you feeling lost. It’s not an easy journey that we are on.
All you can do is keeping remembering those wonderful memories you have of her.
Do what is best for you, on your anniversary.

Come on here. Put down your feelings. We’re here for you.
Sending hugs :hugs: and best wishes

3 Likes

Kess that must have been so devastating for you. Why can’t you say anything.
That spiral does slow down. Just take each day as it comes. Don’t be hard on yourself.
Baby steps.
We are here for you to talk to :hugs:

2 Likes

Cancer is sooo cruel! I am 2 1/2 months into grief journey now and still questioning the speed of Tony’s decline from metastatic bladder cancer! He was diagnosed at start of 2023 and, although we were told it was aggressive, there was no evidence of any spread then! We mistakenly thought radiotherapy had stabilised it! But 6 months later the back pain started and after tests we were told it had soread to bones all up his spine!! So quick from no spread to extensive spread!!! We were also told on his admission to hospital that if he got a chest infection it would not be treated, and that is what happened!!! Still cant believe he has gone and cant get head round it! Every day is a struggle to cope with the huge gaping void!!! Thank goodness for this site! xx

4 Likes

So glad you came on here and said how you feel.
That is why I use this site. It’s full of people who will not judge us. We can be truthful about how grief is affecting us.

My hubby started with thyroid cancer in 2019. He had 3 lots of radio iodine treatment. They thought they had caught it. But it spread through his body. He responded well to the tablets they put him on. Then he just started to go downhill.

Can’t fault the team that looked after him. They were amazing all the way through. He decided in August it was time to give up work. They gave him about a year. 3 months later, gone. I looked after him at home. He kept his sense of humour right to the end.

Life can be so cruel. But I wouldn’t change what I had with him for the world. He use to tell me. Life goes on. Don’t stay on your own. He was one in a million. There is no that can take his place.

It’s the deafening silence in my home, I’m struggling with. I find that strange, because he worked nights and was asleep during the day.

Thank you to all of you for being there, when someone is really needed :hugs::heart:

4 Likes

Yes unfortunately we are members of a club we dont want to be in . And yes the silence is a killer . I have music on all day to combat it . My wife was a great singer and boy do i miss the sound of her voice in the house . I wish you all well x

3 Likes

I feel crap today too, Mum died 5 weeks ago and today my cat had to have all her teeth out and they don’t know whether she has a tumor or not. Sometimes everything seems too much for me. Just wish I had someone to give me a hug and say everything will be alright.

6 Likes

I find that everyone stopped asking how I was after I had a complete break down one day. I feel much better for it. I’m now into month 7 and find I have more good days and keep busy by joining some local groups. I was going to go back to work as 61 felt too early to retire but finding it harder to get a job that suits me, and I like the freedom to do what I want. Bad days exist but we had agreed that I have to live my life and enjoy whatever time I have left.

9 Likes