How long will grief last?

I have just watched the video, how long will grief last?, that’s like asking, how long is a piece of string? There’s no definitive answer to that question as we are all different and will all handle grief differently. One of the problems that I have encountered is that no matter which of the grief counseling website’s that are available, you get a different person each time that you phone, and you have to relive the pain and anguish of having to re tell your story, which I at present can no longer do. Does anyone else have the same problem?

4 Likes

Hello @Simon48,

I’m sure someone will be along to share their thoughts, but I just wanted to share a link to our Online Bereavement Counselling service. The counselling is held online via video chat, and you’d have the same counsellor throughout so wouldn’t need to keep repeating your story.

You can find out more about our counselling service here:

Take care,
Seaneen

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your sad loss and understand exactly what you are saying about repetition and how many painful it can be I think it’s hard to see the benefits of support services until some time after the awful event
For me the process of learning to live with my loss has been v slow and uneven Be patient with yourself I try to focus on doing at least one positive self nurturing thing everyday Find something that distracts and calms you It’s a long road to find peace

2 Likes