How to deal with Christmas just around the corner.

Hi all,
I’m pretty new to this,
This year is my first Christmas without my dad, he sadly past away this year in July, it was not expected at all, happened very suddenly and was not pretty, I miss him like crazy. For Christmas my dad usually had the whole family round and would cook dinner but this year is obviously different, my other sisters and are going to my older brothers house for Christmas Day, but me and my younger brother are not, I want to stay at home so I can be close to my dad as he is buried down the road, is that wrong? I’m not I’m the festive spirit at all and feel like if I go out I may bring everyone down with my mood, I’m not coping well and I can admit that, but I was just looking on advice about how to get through Christmas.
Thankyou! X

I am about to face Christmas without my Mam. I lost my mam, completely out if the blue in April. I find comfort from going to a spiritualist church, I feel like I am meeting her in the middle, and I want her to know I am still trying to communicate with her. I’ve been lucky enough to hear from her. My dad, who was originally very sceptical also heard from her. One thing she told him was to make the most of his family, as she no longer could, but he still can. So now, I pass that advice on. Our loved ones aren’t here to enjoy things, so we have to try to do so on their behalf. I’m not saying it’s gonna be easy, I have already accepted Christmas Day is going to be a bad day, but I find after a bad day, a better day will follow.
Much love! X

Hi Kate
What your feeling is so normal never ‘beat’ yourself up about it…
Your Dad was in your life for so long and meant so much to you it’s devastating and awe consuming…
I lost my wonderful precious Dad late 2016 and still cannot believe it and cry everyday, my family do not understand why I cannot be festive still, I miss Dad so much…
All I can say is look after yourself, take a day and a step at a time and know that others are thinking of you…
There is no time limit on grief and you must have loved him so much to feel so ‘lost’
For that I guess we are lucky…
You take care x